the Rift

[PRIVATE] what was right is wrong [apollo]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
 LAKOTA</style>
 my heart is a hollow place for the devil to dance again</style>

It had taken a while for her brain to stop swimming after she'd been hit by the information Ktulu had given her. But she just couldn't let her go without...without saying goodbye. The right way. She had been too harsh to Ktulu in her distress, and the Chieftess did nto deserve that when she was leaving the family she'd created. So she'd sought her out, desperately scouring every nook and cranny of the Foothills, despairing over the idea that maybe she was too late. Maybe she had already gone, and Lakota would never be able to apologize or wish her well. The thought alone was nearly enough to make her stomach churn.

Who would Ktulu say goodbye to aside from her? Archibald and Circe had both gone, and she'd already delivered the news to Lakota. Ophelia was gone as well. And then in a split second she realized who: Apollo. So when the call sounded out over the hills for that stallion exactly, she ignored the fact that it was not her name in those vocals, and with a hard visage she turned on heel and sprinted faster than she had in her entire life across the soft emerald carpet beneath her hooves. Her breed was light-footed and swift, but she pushed it as hard as she could. She couldn't be late. She couldn't let Ktulu leave without telling her what she needed to say. There were so many unspoken words between them. It was time to finally speak a few of them.

Even when her lungs were gasping at the end, the portrait of Ktulu and Apollo standing together, somber looks upon their faces, lifted her spirit and calmed her restless soul. She wasn't too late.

Letting them speak while she steadied her heart rate and breathing, the shadow mare finally stepped out from the foliage that fought to be reborn without the sun to nourish it, and kept her eyes on Ktulu. Understanding was clear in her gaze, moving slowly as if stuck in syrup to stand by Apollo's side.

She had chosen.

For now, until she knew the paths of her siblings and loved ones, she could not follow Ktulu. Not yet, at least.

"Ktulu." She said it softly, so many words all piled into one, careful and sad. There was a long pause, and she turned her head and let her eyes flutter shut, reaching out to press her muzzle to Apollo's shoulder. Hoping he could give her strength to do this. The only other person who had stood by her all this time, dealt with her crazy personality...had been her friend. And now, he stood beside her as her leader. Funny how the world changed.

Opening her eyes once more she turned back and took a few steps forward towards Ktulu. "You will always have me at your side in the shadows, Ktulu. Even when I may not be there. You need only call." Taking in a deep breath she gave that same quirky smile she'd always had, and reached forward to attempt to nudge Ktulu's shoulder in a half-hearted playful motion. Retreating again, she did all she could to keep up her smile. Ktulu should not have to leave to sadness, did not deserve it. "You know how I feel about this, darling. When I know...I will tell you. You will be the first to know. But...just be safe, please? I can't be there to save you all the time now..." And oh how painfully clear it was in her face how much that bothered her. She should be there. She should be at Ktulu's side to protect her from those who wished her harm. If the dark mare was ever harmed...Lakota didn't know what she'd do.

"Be well, Chieftess." And in one exaggerated motion she gave a bow, gratitude and love, trust and faith, all displayed in one movement. Ktulu had given her everything and more simply by accepting her into the Grey.

It was time she gave back.

She stood back, moving to Apollo's side, and watched with side eyes her best friend, the one who held her heart, the one who had ruled over her for so very long. There was nothing more to be said or done. She loved Ktulu, but she had to let her go to follow her heart without guilt. After all, if you love someone, you must let them go. But...would she come back? Would Lakota?

Messages In This Thread
what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [private] - by Apollo - 09-16-2013, 07:55 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-16-2013, 08:29 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Apollo - 09-16-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Lakota - 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: what was right is wrong [apollo] - by Ktulu - 09-23-2013, 09:13 PM