the Rift

[OPEN] youth.

Aleksandr Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The further north I went and the colder the weather got, the more at home I felt.

The steppes were even colder than what I was used to; it welcomed it with my whole soul, or would have, had I had one of such elusive things. Mayhap I did; it may well be in someone else’s body, however, granted, one identical to mine, but as foreign as my own cold breath.

Frost lined my limbs, gathered in my mane, even in the height of summer, and I shivered in both cold and delight.

She was a very pretty child, for no other reason than she was a child – not that I was much older. At three, many would consider me little more than an infant, but I’d never been young – that was my twin’s prerogative, not mine. One of us had to be the adult, no?

One of us had to be many, many things, except, those things rarely intersected.

She was so colorful, though, among the paler steppes, and such youthful energy, that inspired me to do the same. My own pace, which had been leisurely for most of the time, picked up to match hers, and when she spun back and slowed down, we matched.

I wasn’t very close; as usual, I kept my distance; still, I ventured to catch her eye and nod, inviting her for another run – a race, maybe?

Messages In This Thread
youth. - by Frost Fyre - 09-16-2013, 08:28 PM
RE: youth. - by Aleksandr - 10-31-2013, 07:23 PM
RE: youth. - by Frost Fyre - 11-11-2013, 01:40 PM
RE: youth. - by Aleksandr - 11-16-2013, 02:25 PM