the Rift

[PRIVATE] tear the sun and me apart [psyche]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

It was all for the better that the Constrictor did not deign to point out the shade's recent stupidity. If her niece had brought up such a subject, it would perhaps have been met with a snort and a shake of the head, an assurance that she, in fact, had not been the mastermind of that particular plan. No, she had merely given her approval and joined in their battle. She had felt incompetent at the time, given that it was her subordinates that had come up with some form of a plan rather than she herself; that was nothing in comparison to what she felt now. Outlawed, disgraced, broken. Perhaps, if Ktulu had spoken of their recent, closely entwined path, the deposed queen would have said nothing at all. Perhaps she would have merely looked on with sad eyes, pain lending a blank glaze to orbs that had once held sharp wit and wickedness.

But she did not bring it up, and so the silence continued.

It was only a matter of time until Ktulu took notice of the changes in the fallen Empress, and though the shadow-mare expected it, she winced nonetheless when acknowledgment came. She had fallen far, that was the truth; it was an understatement, but there it was. Since when did she desire the company of those beneath her? Ah, what a question. At first, it is met with only more silence. It was not a hostile sort of quiet that filled the cave then, but more so a deep, resounding lack of emotive forces that only spoke of the mare's loss. She sighed, then, and the noise echoed harshly throughout their sanctuary. "My own choice of company would turn their back on me. I cannot help but wonder if their companionship was worth it." She forced a faltering smile, bravely, new to this game of normality and truth. Or, rather, half-truths, for she still ached for the life she had lost.

She didn't quite catch the exchange between her niece and the bear, but when Ktulu voiced his request, the shadow-mare stared blankly, taken aback. The logical part of her brain functioned still, albeit sluggishly, and it shrieked a distant alarm. But she retained the numbness of shock, and it was that which led her to follow the creature's instruction. After all, what harm was there left to do to her cranium, after all that she had been through? Perhaps the other mare had simply recognized a lost cause and sought to put her out of her misery. It might even be welcomed, the release from this life, the release from the expectations and the failures and the pain. As she lowered her head, gazing apprehensively at the bear, she found only one thought:

Does death hurt?

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Psyche - 10-14-2013, 10:35 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM