the Rift

[PRIVATE] tear the sun and me apart [psyche]

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

"My own choice of company would turn their back on me. I cannot help but wonder if their companionship was worth it."

"I supposed I'm not choice company." Ktulu said evenly, and she knew she wasn't. The only time she had ever really met the fallen Lady they had not met on good terms and had departed on even worse, though there were certain events that had taken place to make the meeting as unpleasant as it was. "To be honest you would not be my choice either." She sighed and shifted her weight so a hind hoof rested on its tip. "But here we are." Two fallen queens. Two failures. Two completely destroyed individuals, though they had been destroyed on completely separate ways and on different levels. Ktulu looked down at Eytan again and watched the bear as he gazed up at Psyche. "If they turn their backs on you then they're not worth your time." She said quietly, though in the cave even whispers sounded deafening.

The Constrictor lapsed into silence as her thoughts drifted back to the recent battle and the report she'd been given by the Dauntless. "I lost one of my own in that invasion." She said, and her tone should have been laced with bitterness, but instead she sounded resigned. "My uncle, my own flesh and blood. I sent him to battle and he fell to Mirage." Eytan whined and Ktulu stopped short. Her lips pressed together in a thin line and she snorted, her ears disappearing into the shock of white mane at her crest. She was angry and felt resentment toward the Edge's leader, though she had only been doing what any leader would have done. Ktulu, herself, would have fought to kill should a force invade her borders. That alone, however, didn't stop the guilt that kept her stomach knotted.

As Psyche conceded to Eytan's request and lowered her head Ktulu looked on, curious as to what he intended on doing, and watchful of Psyche's body language. The bear scooted himself closer to the Jackal and looked at the broken bit of her horn, then touched his cold nose to the base of it. "Not less." He said in Ktulu's mind, his voice so strong and forceful that it took her by surprise. "Still whole. Still great." A soft growl rumbled in his chest and resonated through the cave. "No sad no more." He continued to nuzzle Psyche's forehead and Ktulu's brow furrowed in confusion at the mixture of emotions she was receiving from the bear. "Horn no make greatness." In one final gesture the bear licked at Psyche's forehead then turned to look at Ktulu. "Tell." He instructed as he continued to sit near the DarkEmpress.

Ktulu's crimson eyes shifted to Psyche, who she assumed would be just as confused by Eytan's actions as she had been. "Eytan says that you are no less than what you were before." She gestured to the mare's broken crown. "He says that you are still whole. It doesn't take a horn to make someone great." She looked at the bear then, who looked on approvingly at his bonded before turning his head to Psyche and giving her a toothy yet playful, bear-ish grin. "And he says that you shouldn't be sad."

@[Psyche]

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-14-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM
RE: tear the sun and me apart [psyche] - by Ktulu - 10-29-2013, 08:57 PM