the Rift

[OPEN] Maybe you're too headstrong

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica

The blood maned
you got high on every little game

Pinned with the tag of liar, she decided it was better than bitch. Yes, they were likely thinking that word, but at least no one had out right called her that....not yet. At some point she figured some one would just to get a rise out of her. Faelene had heard it all before. When she was little sure they had had a nasty bite, but time had made it easy for those things to never dig inside her. In fact she was always waiting to hear something more witty, or original. It was probably the reason she didn't use such words, even if sometimes they did fit a few. When her silver eyes stretched across Throat she knew she was in a state of numbness, and some one would have to physically hurt her to see change.

Raising a foreleg, then pressing it downward her dark body cringed in the tiniest of actions. Yes, she was still sore. In need of water that was only about four yards, she could get there. Bearing down by clamping her jaws, lengths of muscles contracted, and she forced herself to walk to the oasis. The strips of her chest felt like she was tugging them apart, but she didn't want anyone to look down on her, or smile with satisfaction. There was no faltering in the quiet amble. The red maned kept her head down, eying the red sand that seemed muted in the shade, pretending she was all alone.

Another week her leg had gone back to almost normal. Scabbing over, with only a small opening oozing puss too and again. It didn't seem to want to close, and she was half tempted to submerge it in the water to clean it. Already on a fragile line, instead she halted, rubbing at it, the itching driving her crazy. Once it subsided she shook out pale locks from her dark mask,letting out a faint snort. Then dipped front legs into the liquid, her nape drifting down, muzzle skimming its cobalt surface. She sipped in little bits, thinking the darkness was not so terrible. Maybe she was as alone as she felt.

@[Levi] if you have time Ava. <3 I'm going to leave it open.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

The grullo hobbled towards the red sanded river. Levi knew that because his left wing could not stretch out or hold his weight in the blue skies, he would not be able to fly and disappointingly had to walk home. His body was filled with crusted wounds which hailed from the Basin invasion and from his recent challenge with Gaucho. He was injured. Even though he did not want to admit the pain, he had never had this many injuries or feel so broken for as long as he lived. The brute had just come from his challenge with Gaucho deciding before he went to go see Onni, as Gaucho suggested, he would relax his muscles in the river, clean his wounds, and quench his thirst. He wasn’t really sure if Gaucho had suggested it or ordered him to go see Onni, but either way he knew the beast was just trying to help. Levi appreciated it and sincerely enjoyed his fair spar with his brother. He had respect for him for taking the challenge so eagerly and commended him for it. In the starless night, Levi smiled faintly as he thoughts about the spar with Gaucho and how hysterical it had been to see the bay with such emotion.

Pressing onwards, the stud wobbled towards the river, limping as his legs carried himself clumsily. He was still a bit dizzy from the poisoning bite of Mara, but his headache and vision were getting slightly better. Now he could actually hear his own thoughts and not get distracted by the littlest things such as the rain in the challenge. Now, as the cloudy night of darkness dragged on, he was able to concentrate better. Even though the night possessed like an endless abyss Levi could still see slightly and hoped that his instincts would be able to guide him. He knew the area very well, but for some reason he doubted himself. The silver did not want to doubt himself, but he was knocked out of his wits from the invasion and then once again for the challenge.

Finally, the sound of the chilled river found his drum. As the brute neared, he felt relief flow through his body. Muscles relaxed and from his throat came a sigh of relief. Even though the relief came quickly, it left the same when he noticed a dark figurine. Tension rose through his muscles and a frown appeared on his features. He knew this was no throat member because its scent did not smell of the Throat. Its body was as black as the charcoaled night and a horn hailed from its forehead. Silver orbs flickered towards the figurine as he tried to examine the member. He was in no mood to have Basin members hanging around here. Not after what they had just caused… He could not deal with this! Not now! Walking closer he snorted with anger, but then he realized something…

He knew who it was.

“Faelene?” He called softly. Levi was more shocked than anything and did not know what to think. He didn’t know if he should hate her because of the invasion or go to her and comfort her like he would because they were friends. When he had met Faelene he liked her and appreciated her, but their families did not. He hoped that she was alright thought, but the real question was why was she here?

[Thank you for making this Sica<3 Sorry the reply took forever!]

"Talk talk talk."

Hidden Account
Sica

The blood maned

Shaking droplets from her muzzle, like a turtle with stubby limbs she dragged herself back to dry land. The sand eating at her hooves, she could hear the rest scattering, like miniature drops of rain in her fight against its grainy texture. Ironic, she thought. Wondering how a place so dry could have such a trick. Faelene winced at the pulls of muscle, little by little turning about, and then letting loose the sigh that wanted to come from her efforts. If she was in any shape to leave she would have. Today, tonight...she decided first thing was to get better, and then decide if too much time had passed for her to care where she was. It was obvious the Basin had failed. She had too in her own way. What did await at home?

Eyes upon the ripples of the water, something was disturbing it. Bemused, slightly worried, she raising her head. Awe, there. She could just make out he outline of a Pegasus. It wasn't much of a surprise, the Throat was crawling with them. Who also was in need of a drink? Nostrils quivered. It was a male, and something familiar too him. The red maned watched, trying to decide how she would know him. Please, she prayed,not that lighting bolt one. The one from the first invasion would surely love to rip her further. The light of the moon cut upon his coat, and it did not take any mind search to know this was Levi. She was torn. Should she be glad to see him or ashamed? Dark ears folded back, and there was a want in her to move away, back to shadows that could eat her.The sound of his voice, and the fact how terrible it would feel to move stopped her.

The charcoal colored lady raised her nose to the sky, assuring him he was right. With caution her ears crept forward, waiting for the questions to start or accusations. There were none. She found a bit of her old self, her courage, and a want to talk to someone.

"Levi, its good to see you again even under the circumstances..." Alto voice held a current of warmth, and surprise too as she made an effort to make it reach him. Since the last she had saw him Faelene had missed many faces, but to see his, it was a comfort. A bizarre feeling if any. What did she know any more? She craved things she didn't think she wanted or needed. Levi had always been one of those kind hearts, even when she had told him where she came from. Since he wasn't scolding her, or yet disgusted it warmed her. When you were alone, it were the little things that rekindled a soul. "I'm sorry," she murmured, casting her own silver eyes down, because he would know what she meant. Or at least she would hope. If not, maybe she would leave now. She had often dragged herself across the continent when her body was ruined.

No problem <3 @[Levi]

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Disappointed orbs are drawn to the cool droplets which fell from Faelene’s sleek charcoal body. The grullo did not know how to act or have an idea of what to do. Where do I even begin? He asked himself with a sigh. He felt as almost if he was trying to choose between family and a friend. A friend who reigned from the enemy… a friend who was here now even after the chaos her family had caused. Was this a true friend? This was questionable Levi’s eyes. If she really were a friend, the red manned would have come to warn him or his family and she had failed to do that. Is this what she wanted? Did she want Levi to hate her? - Because he did not hate her- he was just so disappointed in the fact that the Basin would attack his family and cause such harm for no reason. His heart sunk in his chest as he watched her neck rise in response to his words. The silver brute wanted so badly to go and greet her to comfort her, nurture her. This was just who he was. Levi enjoyed the warmth produced from skin on skin and comforting words being exchanged in one another’s ears. Tension was released a bit in his muscles, but he was not sure if he should flee or stay. Levi just did not know if he could trust the way he used to.

Levi, its good to see you again even under the circumstances..."

Dark lips open to respond, but then close after reconsideration. Before he would even say anything he would have to think about it. Levi was not sure whether he should approach her with aloofness or just stay calm. The silver figured it might make the situation worse if he was aloof, so he decided to just try and keep calm. “Yes, I cannot say that I disagree, m’lady.” Levi said in a soft tone, a sigh escaping after his breath. Storm colored orbs look towards the sands. As he took a few steps closer, a sad smile aroused on his face. Now he was just a neck length away from her. He discussed in his head a few situations. How could he personally be just mad at her? Maybe the red manned did not even know, just like he wouldn’t have if he did not arrive home that day. Maybe she did know, and kept it a secret because she hated his guts. Levi could not make up his mind. Sooner or later he would have to decide, but until he heard what he needed to, it would be placed as a secondary problem.

"I'm sorry,"

Orbs finally search for his silvery gaze. Tears were started to form and sting at his eyes as her words sunk in. “I’m sorry to, Faelene,” He kept a strong look. “I’m sorry that our families do not see eye to eye. I’m sorry that our families have injured members. And I’m sorry that this unnecessary plot has affected us…” Turning his cranium he could not bare to look at her any longer. His neck drooped towards the sand almost as if he were defeated.

It was now decided that he did not hate her and he did not blame her for what had happened. He did not see her in the invasion and he did not hear about where she was during this invasion. The brute actually was shocked that she was in the Throat… but why? Why was she still here after all of this? There must be something that she needed in the Throat's presence.

Orbs refocused towards Faelene’s gaze as he then noticed her leg was injured quite well. “You’re injured.” He almost gasped. Walking towards her, he bent his head to look closer at the crusted wound. Although he was still badly injured, he did not even feel any pain. He was to focused on what was going on that he was going numb. “Faelene, this is bad. You need to go see Onni for this.” Lifting his gaze, he was now head level with her. Her inviting features reminded him of the time they had met. Levi smiled sadly as he looked into her stormy orbs, caring for her. Hot breath trailed from his nostrils as he stretched his muzzle forward without realizing what he was doing. He could tell she was upset enough about the about the circumstances and kindly left his muzzle out for her comfort.

@[Faelene]

"Talk talk talk."

Hidden Account
Sica

The blood maned

Faelene should be disgusted by his presence, and he should have had no trouble mirroring the same sentiment. No, that was neither of them. It was not hard to see he was torn just as she had been. Stay or leave. She was to be his enemy. He should have been hers. Kri had decided that much after all. The problem always seemed to be the red maned didn't fit in the mold she was given. She didn't conform to a side that was black or white. Hell sake's to any of her friends outside the Basin why she stayed made no sense. Sometimes it made little to her. Until someone understood it was the only place that would be home.

Caught in the slow fabric of time she made no effort to persuade him to come. Though, she did have to keep her jaws tight not to tell him to go. Dismissing him from whatever obligation he felt to help her. She couldn't do it. If she was being honest with herself it was because she didn't want him to go. Even if in the end he would hate her. For a second she thought he might choose to do so now. It hurt to think another cut out of her life, but for him she believed it would be the better idea.

No, he too decided and made his way over. Faelene offered him a weak smile, thinking she spotted injuries upon his silver hide. She did not see the extent of them, because she didn't want to think who had caused them, how they had happened. Least, not yet when she already couldn't listen to her heart or her head.

It was when their eyes met she saw with pain and sorrow she could have very well had in her gaze, reflecting back. The dark lady forced herself to hold his silver eyes, letting her front legs tug her closer. He did understand, at least for the moment when her own part wasn't known.

No further had she moved, when he breached the gap, wheeling around here. This was where her resolve was tested, because she didn't, and never had deserved kindness, most of all his. Since she was in both worlds of pain she couldn't do anything, but stand still, trying to read what else was he thought. As he spotted the wound, she twitched her tail, if to conceal it. Now they were face to face. Lips prickled from the stretch of his breath, scarcely letting his own muzzle brush when it was her turn to cast her head down. No idea who Onni was, though she assumed a healer, she forcefully shook her head. "No, Levi. I must heal alone. I did not fight with soldiers in either battle, but I withheld Kri from her family and I'm here to suffer the consequences. I'm here trying to decide where I should belong.."

Eehh @[Levi] is such a sweet heart.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Faelene. Now Levi remembered the reason why he longed for her company. She was intriguing, she was daring, and she, to him, was beautiful on the inside as well on the outside. Levi was proud to call the red maned his friend, but on the other hand, he was not so proud of what her family did to his. Now Levi was a fair soul, and he felt that just because her family did something wrong does not mean that he should accuse or blame her for the fault. She could have had nothing to do with the plan. Faelene could have just been following herd orders, if she even participated in the invasion. The brute was more relaxed about the matter now. Yes it happened, yes it was horrible, but it was in the past now. There’s nothing anyone could do to change it and there was nothing anyone could do to fix it. It was done and it was over. Now their two families would have to deal with the consequences.

Orbs found her silvers as he closed the gap between them. He saw guilt blazoned in her gaze and Levi as well was feeling the guilt with along with the fae. The two of them had deep sadness plastered on their emotions. But why? Levi asked himself looking in a new direction. It was over. The invasion was done. The two of them were friends, at least in Levi’s perspective, and he wanted to not think about it anymore. This bump in the road should not stop them from being okay together, enjoying one another’s company. As her velvet muzzle brushed against his, he felt a level of comfort wash over himself. Breathing in, he inhaled her icy scent. The warmth from her muzzle kept him from remembering his train of thought, until she quickly pulled away. Their gaze dropped and Levi no longer could see her dark face, disappointed. It was until he heard every word that she spoke, Levi became silent momentarily.

“Shh…” Levi whispered soothingly. It was a fill in to give him for time to think as well as to help her from breaking down. So on a bright side, she hadn’t fought in the invasion, but she had stolen Kri. Sooo, that’s where Kri had been he thought to himself. Levi commended the girl for actually being able to steal Kri because he thought it would be impossible. Personally though Levi was upset about it, Faelene had obviously got her butt kicked from stealing Kri or how else would she have the wound? What goes around comes back around. And anyways, Kri was a fantastic fighter and knew what she was doing. Even though Levi wished he could have helped Kri, he just shook his head at the thought of Faelene stealing her. If she was here to serve her time then all was fair now, there was nothing that anyone could do now.

“Faelene, please, you need to stop,“ Levi pleaded with heartfelt emotion. “If you’re here now to deal with the consequences, then all is fair. You stole my leader and she stole you back. It’s even.” He breathed quickly. “However, while you’re here, I will not let anything happen to you. You’re here in my home and I will not let you suffer…no…not on my watch. I’m helping you Faelene whether you like it or not. I will not let my family treat you harmfully and I would expect your family would not do that to mine...” Trying to catch her gaze one again, Levi kept his orbs kind. A weak smile aroused on his face as he waited for her to respond.

“Do as you please, but I hope you heal well then. And you belong where your heart tells you. You will figure that out when you need to and trust me, milady, it will not fail.” Keeping himself steady, he let his gaze fall to the ground, hoping she would not hate him for trying to help her.

Awhh, thank you Sica<3 He cares for @[Faelene] so much.

"Talk talk talk."

Hidden Account
Sica

The blood maned

"Shh..."Ears swept back submissively, she wouldn't let her eyes find his, but held onto the sight of his black forelock. With Levi the sound was meant to be soothing. There was something in the red maned that didn't want to it so. She couldn't argue with a gentle sound, and accepted it, sealing her lips. Unless he insisted on her going she did not have anything to say. At least nothing she dared. Here anything and everything could be used against her. Feeling the sting of wounds old and new she lowered her head still waiting for the worst. All she could do to count seconds was listen to the dead air, fill her breath that kept catching in her throat. Letting her thoughts pound against her skull.

If anyone saw them knowing Levi they would think he was being himself. A gentleman looking out even for a poorly Unicorn who was their captive. The touch of a that prisoner would they think she was using him? Pretending? Using magic? It wasn't any of those things. An outsider wouldn't know they had met before. They wouldn't know how being from the Throat or Basin hadn't mattered. They wouldn't know that meeting had been the beginning of friendship. Even if it was small. Right now it felt important. A moment that could make or break her. Was he the last friend she had? When Levi met her he hadn't looked at her funny. Told her to leave home. Or how terrible the band of Unicorns were. He hadn't asked her why she stayed there. He hadn't assumed anything. Instead it felt like he had instantly trusted her. Happy to find someone to listen to his woes, and she had been happy to be that someone. He turned out to be a good listener too. The trouble was he was such an honest soul, it didn't feel good to hurt him. Just like Lace and Leander. One side their were reasons to stay, fight, but she could see the pain that would be brought. She felt the cage of her heart cringe. Who knew if she could ever make what was wrong, right. Who knew if she should even bother.

Guilt wasn't easily killed. It was a monster that fed off doubts, the tender pieces of a soul, and than multiplied itself. It wasn't just the stealing, the invasion snapping at her soul. It was many things she had never settled with her heart.

Levi's voice snapped her from the worst, if he could read her very thoughts. Carefully, her ears titled attentively upon him. The red maned nodded once, deciding this must have been his own conclusion in the silence. She couldn't decide if it was something wonderful, or tragic when he swore to keep her safe while she was here. It was never good to pit a man against his family. Kri would insist he had his head examined. No, there was no arguing, no disagreeing. What did her voice matter? Again, she nodded, if a stone with a single part that moved. It was the glint of his steel colored irises that called her attention she met his gaze. There was a lot she wanted to tell him, but for a moment she took in his small smile, re-wound his gentle words in her head. He hadn't needed to say more, but he was very right. If only she was a better listener.

Hesitantly, she ambled forward, and gingerly stretched her neck, brushing her muzzle to his cheek. "I'll try to hear it speak," she murmured against his warmth. Cautiously, tucked her head back. "You'll see Onni though, for your wounds right?" There was concern in the undercurrent of her voice, unknowing who he faced.

Right now she feels like @[Levi] might be her only friend in the world.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Levi knew that he cared for Faelene. Even if no other soul did, he would stand by her. She was his friend and he would certainly not let his family torture her. The red manned did not deserve that! She might have made a mistake, yes, but now she was serving her consequences here. Levi felt a bit more convinced that she was safe here in his home. This way she was known where to be found and this way she could not get hurt. No, she wasn’t anywhere else, she was here with him. The slender figurine was here in his protection. Faelene would remain safe and Levi would make sure of it. It would be hard for him to see any of his friends be ruined by his own family. The silver grullo would not be able to live it down if anything happened to her; so therefore, he was going to be her protection here.

His sorrowful orbs found her gaze, and he offered a caring smile. He wanted her to know that everything was going to be okay. Faelene just seemed to be so caught in the situation. Levi wanted so badly to help her get through this. They were going through the same thing. He could feel the guilt in the moment and the brute did not like it. Everything just felt so… sad and lonesome. Yes, the invasion was horrible, but Levi knew it was now in the past. It was over.

Levi was not one to truly hold grudges, but he was one to remember. He would never forget the day or his brindled foe, but he could not stay in the moment forever. And who knew. Maybe Kri would wanted revenge on the Basin and would try to attack them in the future. It was all going to fall equal one way or another. Life brought unexpected situations to see how the individuals can handle them. It was just a part of how the world worked. No matter where you were, even the most secure place or the best military forces, there would still somehow be conflict.

Looking towards Faelene with caring eyes, he waited patiently for her response. Suddenly he felt her dark muzzle touch his cheek. Everything changed. Tingles flew down his spine from her gentle and velvet touch. It was a warming comfort that he had not felt in a long time. Enjoying the warm and comfort from the connection, he pressed his muzzle softly against her cheek in a returning manner. His ears perked forwards at the ring of her voice and orbs were shut closed, just listening. He wanted this moment to last. This was the only time that his thoughts were not on the situation that had just accrued. They were on Faelene’s touch. His hot breath pressed against her cheek and he wanted close the gap more so that they would be chest to chest, but the moment came to an end when she pressed hesitantly away. A smile aroused on his features as he responded to her words. “Good, milady. And don’t worry about me. I shall seek her help soon enough, but thank you.” He offered another smile as he turned around in another direction. “Common my dear, I shall take you to shelter.” He opened a wing for her if she wanted comfort, and he waited for her to follow.

Awh:/ He will stand by @[Faelene] for whatever she needs. He truly cares about her and wants her to be safe.

"Talk talk talk."

Hidden Account
Sica

The blood maned

Finding herself gaining strength, and wanting to secure her purpose she continued to wonder what that was? A part of her wanted to do something right at least in his eyes if only one time for all this. The rest of her knew she wasn't about to turn her back on the Basin. So her mind would search, and search for answers as it always did. Faelene could not fix the off balance of Helovia. She could not make others see different. Still she felt Levi was letting her off easy, and he shouldn't. She was not redeemed by remorse. Suddenly she quieted her thoughts, and told herself she would not fret any more in his company over what was done. She had taken a clear sign he wanted to let it sit. So why not let it? More words wouldn't fix this, only actions and time. If he at least respected her choices she decided she could live with that. If another battle happened she would wait than to know if it was right or wrong.

It was a relief not to question Levi's motives or his word. He said he would look after her, and she couldn't doubt it. She would make sure he didn't neglect his responsibilities, but thinking she had someone to talk to during her imprisonment meant a great deal right now. Unlike Leander he was not begging her to stay. He knew she would leave at some point. Didn't he? He must know this was not her home. It could not be as the Basin would never be his. That was probably the beauty of their friendship there were things that didn't need to be spoken aloud.

The red maned wouldn't know the affects that single touch had upon him, even if he reciprocated the action. The lady did not give herself a second to ask if he was leaning into her, or further expressing his want to comfort. Another confusing issue was better saved for later. Relaxed by his easy smile, there was a faint pull to her muzzle before she sighed. "That sounds quite wonderful," she admitted. She was rather curious where that was for someone like her. Some how pictured the pegasus slept on the wall, but knew there were equines, and unicorns here too. That the Throat had to be more than just soldiers on duty. Upon seeing a tall, open wing there was an old part of her wanting to balk for different reasons, but she sided up to his silver barrel where she did feel safe.

@[Levi] whatever you would like to do with this now. :3