the Rift

[OPEN] late on our promises.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

She came, a glistening star amidst a land draped in darkness. I had never personally met Phaedra, but her face reminded me of a small, delicate vision of another, a small girl. Raeden had been her name, and looking upon the warm coat of this mare, I figured they were related, but surely, this woman did not appear motherly. I suppose my own mother did not either, so who am I to judge? Many were frightened of mother, many spoke ill of her, but I had seen such a warm face as she gazed at me. The love of a mother is unmatched, pure, unbreakable, at least in my world. However, what about the love of a child? Is it the same?

Thinking back on how the idea of mercenaries had shocked me, I thought likely not. I do not have the heart to turn my back on mother, but I certainly did not wholeheartedly approve of her true nature. I suppose that makes me weak, but I am growing, trying to be strong. Strong I will become. One day, I will love my mother without hesitance or doubt. For now, I will just love what I can of her, and try to make good on our promises. Try, but, per usual, fail to do so.

The voice which comes from the older mare is one that is warm, but almost dark, like there was a hidden question underneath her words. I do not know about her thoughts, her current worries, nor has she any idea of mine. All I know is I vaguely recognize this mare. She usually stood near to Ophelia, but where was my aunt of blood and snow now?

That’s right,” I answer, giving her an open look with my dual colors eyes, blood and earth - blood from my mother’s family, following back generations that I know nothing of in this moment and earth from the very soul of my father, the very heart that beats in my own chest. My heart spewing life into the world around me, aided by the ever so strong presence of my father here in his home - I do not know for certain he has returned, but I feel it in my bones, in my soul.

I look to her expectantly, as though she would hold all the answers for me, my childish eyes bright. “Where is she? Do you know?

Messages In This Thread
late on our promises. - by Hototo - 09-19-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: late on our promises. - by Phaedra - 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM
RE: late on our promises. - by Hototo - 09-20-2013, 12:32 PM
RE: late on our promises. - by Phaedra - 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM