the Rift

[OPEN] But words can never hurt me

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"APOLLO!"

The stallion started, his head snapping upwards at the cry of his name. How many had garnered his attention like that recently? With harrowed cries of alarm and urgency? Each and every time, Apollo expected it to be one of his warriors bringing news of the inevitable; that there was an invasion in their midst. The threat was very real, but no matter how many times it seemed that he stressed such factors, very few of the Foothills herd seemed to do anything about it. It was as if they didn't understand the severity of the situation... And so when Circe's bellow shot out across the damnable night sky, Apollo felt his chest leap into his throat, blood turning to ice.

A sharp breath of air puffed from his nostrils, and giving it little thought the stallion pushed off from the earth into a swift canter, one hoof after the other, towards the sounds of the Executioners cry. Was something amiss? Was it an invasion? An outsider? Or was someone hurt? It was hard to tell anymore. Defense or offense, Apollo seemed to be shouldering it all... And yet someone had to do it, to see their herd safe.

"Circe?!" Apollo's cry was strained as he spotted the shadowmere, who looked far from her calm and reserved self. While the black and white overo had not grown terribly close to Circe over their time together in the Grey, and ultimately the Foothills, he found her reliable, a constant pressure of familiarity to have around... It was like whenever she stood near, Apollo could breathe easier, knowing that with her came a sharp wit, and an even sharper bite. And so seeing her so shaken was unnerving. "Circe, what is it? Is all well?"

As the words slipped from his dark lips, the Merciful Chief pulled himself up short for a stop, slipping slightly in moisture of the Foothills grasses. Honey-brown orbs lingered upon the sorceress, waiting, hoping that all was well... But Circe was not the kind to cry wolf, and so he waited.

ooc: Sorry for the wait. <3

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
But words can never hurt me - by Phaedra - 09-20-2013, 10:42 AM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Circe - 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Apollo - 09-22-2013, 07:49 AM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Odd - 09-22-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: But words can never hurt me - by Circe - 09-22-2013, 05:16 PM