the Rift

[PRIVATE] JUST TAKE ME HOME

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
DIESEL

nothing but a soldier

Diesel eyed the creature quizzically. It's ears--they twitched towards him, it's paws frozen up. It cocked it's head to the left, and wriggled it's nose. Diesel, knowing that were anyone to see him there, with the small creature enraptured with him, and vise versa, few would hesitate to ridicule. But, he also knew that he cared little. They could think what they wished--he had no reason to hope that people thought well of him.

A noise startled the creature, and Diesel spun, his ears pinning. Nothing. Just a large cat. Diesel watched the beast wearily as it moved past, it's long tale brushing him as it strolled by. One glowing golden orb stared at him, it's lashes ungodly long. Then, it was gone, and Diesel turned around and stared up at the canopy of leaves above his head. Birds chirped overhead, their songs twining in the forest like the branches so far above.

And Diesel found himself wishing that he had someplace other than this mass of green to call home. Someplace where he had more worries than the the things around him.

It saddened him, truthfully, to realize that his simple life before Helovia no longer satisfied him. And he knew why. It had so much to do with a little shy creature and her beautiful golden eyes. Not unlike that of the feline that passed.

@resplendence I loveeee youuuu abba <333 sorry this took so long! He needs his res baby now cx

CREDITS

COLOURIZE-STOCK : PRINTS-OF-STOCK : FROSTIE-SPIRITS

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
What was she doing down here? Back near the threshold again, as if it would give her some sense of home. But, no. She hadn't wanted to go traversing into the land where all of the horses congregated and attached to new members like flies to fresh meat. It was a sickening thought. And, strangely, it pushed her even more in the desire to be completely alone. She didn't want Kaj looking down at her, wondering if she was beginning to light up now that she was definitely safe and Quil was back. She didn't want Quil wondering if her mind was still as torn as before - if her confession of love had been from total acceptance or just the panic of her mind collapsing on her and fear of losing the only one she had to cling onto. She didn't want Mirage glancing on to her frame from a little while away, wondering why she had never seen the mare smile or be happy. She didn't want Kahlua to feel like she owed her something. And she didn't want to feel like she was letting Smoke down by not really being able to actually help heal anyone.

She had wanted the family. But, she had mainly wanted it for protection. She knew that no one could replace that void that was suffocating her soul and dragging her deeper and deeper into dismay. And, so she spent her time, instead, offering all she could for everyone else. If it made them happy, she would do it. If it allowed them to live and continue to fight on, she would do it. It really was that simple. All for everyone else, less for her own mind and body. If she could ignore the hurt and pain she felt then she could give herself whole-heartedly to the herd that was offering her a place of safety.

But, here she was, not with the herd. Travelling alone. Her tail still knotted from the fight in the invasion, her branch-like dagger situated delicately in the knot and the scar upon her left shoulder a constant reminder of the pain she had suffered and forced to carry with her. Her golden orbs caught between a state of tears and panic. Every movement was beginning to startle her again, and she could sense more shadows than before. But, so deep in the forest she could not tell that the sun had begun to rise again. So, she forced herself to continue on, edging in deeper and deeper into the forest in an attempt to free herself from her thoughts and the mask she had learned how to put on so well.

She was broken. There was no other way to describe her.

And then, she heard something rustling in the brush as she moved. Paws hitting the ground as it padded it's way through the forest. A slight purr radiating through the trees before it got muffled from the chirping birds songs. A predator, a feline of large proportions. Instantly, she began to bolt away from the purring noise, running into a very small clearing and skidding to a halt a few inches away from a towering equine. Her orbs peer up toward the equine's face as she stumbles backwards into a tree. She gulped until she took in the eyes of the equine and forced herself to glance back over his frame, at this white markings. Choking out her words she managed to say, "D-Dies-sel?" Her frame shook a little from the shock of the situation, but her voice settled itself far before the rest of her body. "What are you doing out here?" she questioned, dumbfounded she had run into someone she knew in this forest of nightmares and darkness.

Alone. She never seemed to be alone...

645 words
LOLOL
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Unregistered
DIESEL

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

x

Diesel huffed, his eyes trained on the very thing that had ruined him. His capability to handle being alone for long amounts of time was thrashed. And, the culprit stood there in front of him, her hair flowing all around like a halo.

"Resplendence." he breathed. "I...I wanted to be alone." he thought for a moment, stumbling over his words. "But..." how did he back that up? He wanted nothing less than for Replendence to leave, but how did he convey that without sounding pathetic? He wanted to be alone only because he never expected to see her here. But now that she was he wanted her to stay.

Diesel moved a step closer, his bulky hooves cracking twigs. A lone bird called overhead, it's solitary cry echoed in the quiet. Diesel dropped his head to Resplendence's level, his huge silver eyes taking in every inch of her beauty. She didn't look happy, he observed. He found himself hoping that look wasn't there just because of him. He wished that like few things he's ever wished in his life.

He breathed out, a fog of breath clouding around them.

"But Resplendence...why are you here?"

CREDITS

Resplendence
Res's frame shuddered uncontrollably. She was not alone. He was there. Right in front of her. Another creature she remembered from so long ago. The one who had not dared speak upon first arriving in the lands. The one who had scratched his name out in the dirt and had others seem to avoid that information. And he was looking at her now. Eyes were trained upon her like a hunter who had found his next meal.

Broken eyes peered up at him as he breathed her name, saying he wished to be alone. And then, a contradicting word. "I didn't expect anyone to be here..." she murmured as she shuffled back a few more steps, her hair pooling around her frame, jagged edges shown from the cuts of talons across the bottom edges of her tail. And then, he moved in a step closer, almost right on top of her as he dropped his head down to her level. She took a choked breath in as she squeezed her eyes shut and felt his breath upon her crown. He returned the question on her and she let out a shaky breath. "I wanted to get away from everyone. From the expectations..." she broke, her eyes not daring to look up. "Everyone hoping that I smile, that I'm okay. Wondering if I'm going to break at any second..." She shook her head violently and stumbled back a couple more steps as she stole one glance up toward him. "They're my family now... but they haven't seen the pain I've had to see. And I can't fake happiness anymore. And I don't want them to worry..."

Her voice was breaking. Her emotions piling on top of her as she dropped her head down low, touching her maw to the lock that rested against her chest. She would be strong and she wouldn't call for Quil to come to her side. But she didn't know how to fill the expectations which had been tossed around her frame in an abundance of requiring that she was happy. She just... she didn't know how anymore...

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Unregistered
DIESEL

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

x

Diesel silently regarded the female before him, his head dipped; ears laid flat. How did he fix this? How did he help her? How could he? He'd had so little knowledge and exposure the females through his childhood.

He nudged his nose forward, ears moving to prick forward.

"I...can I...?" He stopped talking, and instead moved a step closer to the panicked female. He pressed against her sliglty, dwarfing her tiny frame with his monsterous one. He nudged her shoulder gently, tried to think of what would be acceptable to say. How could he help?

He didn't know. So instead he stood there, silent, the way only he could be. And he waited to be rejected. Diesel wasn't stupid. He knew that she loved another. He could tell, as he watched her nuzzle the beautiful locket around her neck, that the giver was much loved. But he could be her friend. And...maybe someday more. But for now, he would just be there. And hope that he was just what she needed.

OOC: Dunno what to do, since she might shove him away cx poor boy.

CREDITS

Resplendence
He dipped his head. He laid his ears flat. Her sadness was radiating off of her lithe frame and into the air around the two of them. He moved his nose forward, almost touching her pelt as he pricked his audits back up. Three words. I… Can I…? That was it. He moved in a step closer and pressed up against her side. She was shaking, but allowed her tiny frame to curl up against his side and force herself to calm down.

One. Two. Breathe in. Breathe out. Three. Four. His maw nudged her shoulder lightly as he stood there. The shaking wouldn’t stop. And the tears. Oh, the tears. They wouldn’t stop falling! Why couldn’t she make them stop?! Why couldn’t she fix everything!? But, life didn’t work that way. Five. Six. Breathe in. Breathe out. Seven. Eight. Shift left. Shift right. Nine. Ten.

”W-Where have you been? D-Do you h-have a h-home?” She questioned, her trembling falling into her voice. She could still remember his silence. The way he had carved letters into the dirt in order to spell out his name since he hadn’t wanted to speak. She could remember all of that. And she could remember Quil, the way that he had shrunk and tried to hide his wings. The way that he had done all he could do in order to make sure she was comfortable. And she could remember Kaj. The way he had offered her his wing in the cold. She had everyone she cared for near her, now. But, she didn’t have this big teddy bear there. She didn’t know where he had gone. She didn’t know if he had a life. So, she was going to try and see if she could get him to join her. She was going to see if maybe she could finally have everyone in the same place…

313 words
lalala

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Unregistered
DIESEL

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

x

Diesel, though not often accused of being very perceptive, only because he wasn't often around others, sense a feeling of discontentment from Res. His eyes narrowing, he cocked his head to the side. Nose bumping the top of her head, he murmured;
"What is it love? What is wrong?" when her question came...he stood for a long moment. "No...I do not. Only the forests. I've been...wandering. What else is there for one such as I? You must know others dislike me. "

He shifted his weight to the side, his great heft glistening in the faded sunlight. His hair had grown longer, more scraggly. He was...rather wild looking. Which wasn't really acceptable. Not at all. For the first time since their rather happenstance meeting, he found himself somewhat ashamed of his appearance. Never had he looked so..careless.

Then he became aware, that in fact, it didn't matter.

Glad for Resplendence's proximity, he found himself pulling her a little closer as he waited for her reply. What could be bothering her so badly? Why was she so sad?

OOC::: aha.

CREDITS

Resplendence
She was not herself, that was obvious, but she would try and gather herself. The claybank mare was going to have to if she wished to function correctly in life. The facade needed to forever stay up if she wanted to act like she had a normal life.

His voice brought her out of the daze she had fallen into. Deep, baritone chords were circling her cranium asking what was wrong, saying that he didn't have a home. Instantly, an idea came to her skull, and her head shifted up, pressing against his muzzle as she felt him pull her just little closer. "It doesn't matter what's bothering. Life has happened, as it always does. But you... You need a home, Diesel." she said pointedly, before backing up and standing a bit taller to look him in the eye. "You need a good stable home, a purpose, something so you aren't wandering out here alone..." A pause as she flicked her audit toward him. "Come live with me in the Edge. You could be a great warrior, or a spy, or a crafter - perhaps even train to be a healer if you so desire. It would give you something to do. Maybe then you wouldn't think you were so worthless. Please. Please come live with me! I'm sure they'd love you. Absolutely positive..." I insist, shifting a little and flicking my tail in the wind. He had to come, he just had to. It would be wonderful, to have everyone that I was close to in one area. It would be... perfection...

269 words
and it sucks. i'm sorry. but it's here

Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Unregistered
DIESEL

quote quote quote
quote quote quote

x "x"

Diesel shifted his weight, ears flicking back and forth. "...I think....I think I would like to visit this "edge", Resplendence. If you would show me the way."
He leaned a space closer, his towering frame dwarfing her so effectively. Often he forgot his sheer size, so small he was against the might of the forests residents.
Gently, the softest touch, he nuzzled lone ear, his lips messing up the fine strands of her hair.

He found himself thinking that he would go anywhere, if she was there. He would, he thought, cross a sea of fire, if it meant that she would remain by his side.

Which was, he knew, quite insane.
Because she didn't love him. Not like he wanted. Not like he needed.
But maybe she would, given time.
And so he waits.

@resplendence

CREDITS