the Rift

Daybreak

Cheyenne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cheyenne</style>
new dawn, new day</style>
Wolves!? He asked and she raised her brow, flicking an ear toward him. He glanced around, as if expecting one to be chilling about close by. As he threw his gaze around she let her eyes linger upon her stony body. He was much taller than herself, and handsome. He called himself 'warrior' and she did not doubt it for a moment. Yet as he questioned her, she felt her smile fade. "I was playing dead." She stated, sarcasm dripping from her lips as she stared up toward his mightly face. "Try running for what feels like days without collapsing to the earth, sir warrior. I am not perfect. Or do horses around here not exhaust like us imperfect strangers?" She questioned him back, snapping slightly. She could not hide her irritation and neither did she attempt to. The wolves had stopped following her a long time before she was forced to lie down, probably to devour her beloved friend who's stamina was must less than her own. What a fool, to question her about her fatigue, as if she was the clown.

Still, he explained her whereabouts and she was somewhat shovked to discover that her dream had not been such, but that her marathon truly had lasted days. No wonder her legs were quivering like a newborn foals. She straightened up as best she could, arching her neck proudly and raising her fine, antlered crest in a meager attempt to look somewhat presentable. "Well, it seems that I should seek a home, I doubt I would last long enough to see the next sun, since I do love lying down in the face of danger." She said, voice oozing with sarcasm, yet she smiled brightly; it was odd how her facial features did not match the venom in her voice. Her smile seemed true enough, reaching up toward her bright eyes, yet her words were bitter. She needed to fix that, she told herself. She needed to act like a lady, not like some wild dog let off its leash. That's what her mother would tell her, anyway. How to fix this?

Ah, she knew just the way! She frowned, glancing away from the stag as if in sudden realization of her words, apparently embarrased by her own tongue lashing. "Sorry..." She muttered, glancing toward the floor and lowering her neck ever so slightly. "I am weary from my travels and I lost my companion along the way. Please, forgive me. I do need sleep, preferably somewhere safe. Would you mind taking me with you, sir knight?" She asked, glancing up toward the taller stallion, batting her lids as innocently as she could muster. There, that ought to do it. Act bashful, sincere and sickly sweet, men loved that shit.

talk talk talk talk talk

image credits

Messages In This Thread
Daybreak - by Cheyenne - 09-21-2013, 11:00 AM
RE: Daybreak - by Alleo - 09-21-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: Daybreak - by Cheyenne - 09-21-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Daybreak - by Cheyenne - 09-21-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Daybreak - by Cheyenne - 09-21-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Daybreak - by Alleo - 09-21-2013, 04:48 PM
RE: Daybreak - by Alleo - 09-21-2013, 05:37 PM