the Rift

[OPEN] Come What May [Feritas; Birth Thread]

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
All I could feel was the pain screaming throughout my veins. I had never done this before in my life time. This would be the day I would never forget, giving birth to my first child. The hours I would hold in my memories, these next few hours would be slow and painful. Hopefully, this would be my last, but I doubt that would happen. The pain that was flowing through me at this moment, was unspeakable. I didn’t know how long this would take, but I hoped it wouldn’t last too long. Or else, I would have someone pull it out of me, because I didn’t have all day to give birth to a child that probably wouldn’t even bother to stay with me, for his daddy was the bad guy around here, wasn’t he?

I walked to the Heavenly Fields, where this child would be delivered to the world. I didn’t have much time to get there, for it was like I was about to collapse right then and there. It couldn’t be that hard, could it? I mean, my mother gave birth to me and didn’t seem to have expression full of pain afterward. So I was going to be alright, right? If she lived through giving birth to me, couldn’t I live through this birth of a new child? Might as well try, I mean, this thing can’t stay in me forever!

Now it was getting worse, and I could barely walk my way through the meadow. Though, the one thing that made my day, was the sun, rising just beyond the horizon line. I smiled, after all the darkness and deadly creatures I had fought against, I was sure glad to see mister sunny here again. Though, it would be rare for me to even be happy to see him, that bitch. I could care less about him, but now, giving birth to a foal, I really needed him at the moment.

My weight collapsed beneath me, my frame falling against the ground. I breathed heavily, imagining my mother. Breathe Antheia, breathe. You can do this, I have faith in you my daughter. She said in a spiritual voice, and so I did just that. I breathed normally, taking in the scent of the sweet smelling life. I focused on happy thoughts, and soon I couldn’t feel the pain no more. Though, I could feel the foal, moving around inside of me, trying to find the position to slid it’s way out of my body.

I pushed harder, trying to ignore the pain, hoping it would bring less damage towards myself. Once I felt it slide from my the rear end of body, I looked up, gazing back at my rump. It was halfway out! I could see the head and front legs, along with the withers. I laid back down flat, giving two more hard pushes. Plop! I felt no more pain, it was all gone. I looked back once more, seeing the young colt with cyan orbs. I smiled and licked him gently, thinking of what I should call him, then it hit me. ”Feritas. That will be your name.” I nuzzled him and smiled with bright blue eyes.

What a glorious dawn.
- bg - table - image -

@[Feritas] & @[Harmony]
Don't fear of dying, take advantage of it.
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.
The sun! The sun! It has risen! It has come to welcome us! The sun! How glorious it is to see the regions bathed in the damn light. Cloaked in beauty. This is a new dawn, a new day. How marvelous. Oh, how stunning. Here I am, My fields.... I felt as if I should come here. There is something n my gut that tells me to walk further, deeper into to region. For what, I shall not know till' I reach what the Gods wish for me to see. To my right, Mothera, and to my left, Raven. Their hopes seem lifted, their glazed over pools are for once, filled with happiness and joy. The sun is rising, oh how magnificent. Today something great will happen, my love...
Mothera speaks to me, her voice quenched with excitement. I glance to Raven, him slightly nodding to me, a smile on his midnight kissers.
Bring her poppy seeds, she needs calming. Also, bring her cobwebs, for you never know. Also, get some Chemile oil, from that maple tree there, little boy will need it, darling.
I stop, dead in my tracks. The pieces of the puzzle suddenly come together. I set off at a gallop, towards a small thicket at the east edge of My Fields. Quickly, I gather what I need, then run.

"Mothera, show me the way. I don't want to miss anything!"

Her ghostly figure shoots out in front of me, and I push my pillars to carry me faster, my thoughts racing. I can't wait to meet him, the little blessing. My mother, not my real one, is finally giving birth. My dear Antheia.... Now I will have a brother to teach, to love. To mentor. Tonka will be happy that Antheia has brought new life to the Assassins. All we can do is hope that the little darling will chose to stay within our family, and not run off.
I skid to a stop, atop a rise now. There she lays, the little boy already next to her. I neigh loudly, alerting her that I am here. I shall not wait. I race down to her, and stop by her side. My orbs linger over her bodice for a brief moment. Looking my pools with hers, a tear starts to welt in them. A new dawn, a new life.

" Look at you! Look! How beautiful. He is so handsome. Congratulations, Mother."

I take a step closer to her, pawing the ground with my left front. I make a small area to set the herbs, my mind racing. She seems fine, she is not bleeding. I lower my maw to her stomach, just to make sure there isn't another waiting to arrive. Chuckling, I smile at her.

" You did a very fine job, darling. Now, eat these poppy seeds, they'll calm you. "

I suppose she already knows this, but I take no hesitation to not tell her. I then focus on him. How handsome he is... A light champagne color, white around the base of his bodice. I lower my maw to the small, wet body. Slowly, I help Antheia with her licking, quietly humming to the newborn foal...

@[Antheia]

Feritas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Something was wrong. Warmth encased the tiny life as he slumbered, brooding lightly in the darkness. Here he was safe, here he curled, his tiny head resting on his forehooves. A lurch woke him and he woke with a start. Something was pressing, rolling against his hindquarters, shoving him. He flattened his ears against his skull. It was pressing him, pushing him. He did not want to go. He was safe here. He fought against the insisting shoves, even knowing that it was useless. He could not see the enemy to fight and even as he bucked his hind legs out, he felt his head squeeze through tight darkness.

Cold air touched his muzzle and he snorted at the shock of it. He entered the world writhing as light poked him hard in the cyan blue eyes.Half way out, his hooves dug into the soil, a hateful whinny pierced the air. He did not know it came from his own lungs, all he knew was that he did NOT want to be out here. He wanted to be in the darkness, where it was safe and warm.

Baring his tooth-less gums, he scrunched his face up in rage as his body hit the ground. He kicked his back legs, tearing off the membrane that encased the rest of his body. If he were to be out here, he did not want to be covered. His dusty tipped ears flicked at the sounds of voices and he bolted to his hooves.

Maybe a little too fast.

He gave a confused snort as his legs gave way under him and he tumbled over his own hooves. Lifting his head, he turned around to glance at his immediate surroundings, trying not to glance towards the brightness of the sun. He did not know it was called that. All he knew was that it hurt to look at. Pain was useless. So was he. Couldn't even stand on his own legs?

Nonsense!

He tried again, more cautious this time as he knew the tricks of gravity. He managed it the second time, standing upright with his legs splayed out. He snorted, lowering his head to look at the space between his belly and the hard flat thing that supported his hooves. He did not know yet that it was called the ground. He vowed he would never let gravity get the better of him again.

Snorting shrilly, he became aware of a second shape, massive as it was in comparison to his own size. He did not know the shape was friendly, but he charged forwards without thinking about how his legs would work. they flailed, he let out a fearsome battle screech that sounded more like a whistle. He butted his head against the solid form and fell backwards onto his own haunches.

Shaking his head dizzily, he gave a confused nicker and looked around. Hadn't he JUST made a vow that he would never fall victim to the hard flat surface beneath him. And here it was causing an ache in his tail. Snorting, he got to his hooves again and looked around more carefully, ignoring the massive form in hopes that by doing so, he could ignore his own most recent failure. He saw the first massive shape still laying on her side and as he laid eyes on her, his gut rumbled uncomfortably.

He did not like the feeling that was spreading from his innards. It felt like an emptiness was clawing at his gut. He complained about it loudly, another shrill whinny that demanded relief from the gnawing hunger as he would learn it was called that later. He approached the laying mass and nudged the black haunch, nudging her seemed like a good idea. She should be standing as well. Get up! Feed me! He wanted to demand it verbally, but he did not know what words were quite yet.

He could smell it on her, the antidote to his pain. He snuffled at her haunches, his gums nibbling on her belly. When she did not give it fast enough, he hauled off and bit at her. Give it! He snorted angrily, stomping his tiny back hoof impatiently.

All of the actions of the tiny colt would cause worry to any who saw him. The cruelty with which he demanded his mother stand and feed him, the confidence he showed in charging the stranger, the sheer hate that echoed through his voice as he neighed... the speed with which he got to his hooves. All of it was like a bad omen. And yet he was just a baby- a soft, helpless little colt. When he finally managed to find the nipple and began to suckle, relieving his hunger, he waggled his black tail against his hocks happily. The hate had faded, leaving behind an innocent little boy in it's wake.

But... was it gone for good?

@[Antheia], played by clo
@[Harmony], played by wild
open
author notes

Antheia Posts: 129
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15 hh :: 4
Clo.
I could hear the thundering hooves of an equine, my harks perking up with alert. My dark blue orbs watched as a painted figure came over a hill, where earth met sky. I could see the glittering blue eyes and the beautiful frame of a grown woman. Harmony. She had grown so big and strong since I had first adopted her, and now, she was a girl of her own abilities. I couldn’t help but shed a tear or so as she came up to me. She dropped a few poppy seeds in front of me and I went ahead and ate them, taking in the sweet taste.

I stood up, hovering over my new born child. He was very handsome indeed, with those sparkling cyan eyes and his glittering coat of many colors. The classic bay dun colt was quite a catch to a mare’s eyes, and I’m sure he’ll make me proud when he runs a line of sturdy little babies himself. He was pretty fast at reaching his feet and only had to make three tries before he was up and looking for food. When he couldn’t find it, he had an angry face plastered to his lips as if he was taunting me for some food.

I jumped at his bite, falling back a couple of steps until I was at Harmony’s side. ”Mmm. Feisty little feller, hmm?” I chuckled and then watched him as he came to my side, once again looking for food. This time he found the source, reaching under my stomach and drinking the warm milk produced by my body. I smiled and nudged his small rear end, proud of my little colt. He would sure be a crazy thing to take care of, but with the right amount of effort from Harmony and I, I’m sure he won’t be too bad. I hoped so anyway.
- bg - table - image -

@[Harmony] & @[Feritas]
Don't fear of dying, take advantage of it.
- Feel free to do anything along the lines of attacking her, as long as it involves no killing. -

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

Harmony

A small grunt escaped my kissers when the little thing butted against me. With a scornful look, I stared down at him, stamping my cleft as if in threat, but of course I would never hurt him. His actions somewhat startled me... He seemed already to have a unfitting personality, and it didn’t set well with me. This is how I started, and look how I turned out. This little colt mustn't grow into a devilish soul, I won’t let him. When he found his food source, I looked up to Antheia, my pools starting to widen in fear for the child. I then shook my bodice, taking a step forward, I waited for him to finish eating. I lightly rested my maw on Antheia’s shoulder, slightly whispering to her.

“His actions... They concern me.”

My voice trailed off. I then decided to test the young colt, wondering if his anger towards me would continue. Lightly, I rested my maw on his fluffy rump, then restrained it and put it close to his small ear, hoping to speak to him. I really hoped he wouldn’t blow up... All the signs already point to something very bad.

“ Young man, I am Harmony. Your big sister. “

My voice was kind and soft, I was almost surprised by the motherly tone that it was brimmed with. Should I tell Antheia? Is now the time to let her know that I have fallen in love, and I will soon have one of my own? It was all so strange, love... How it swallowed and suffocated you... I just hope that I won’t change. I like who I am, and I really don’t want that to change. But my love for Castiel is so strong, it stuns me. But, now isn’t the time. I must let my Mother bask in the light of her success, which might come to immediate failure... This little colt... There was something wrong with him.

Tags;
@[Antheia]
@[Feritas]

The life ahead can only be glorious if you
learn to live in total harmony with the Lord..

Feritas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Actions | "Speech" | Thought

A touch on his rump was all it took. The little colt stamped a back hoof and released his mother's teat to neigh harshly at the two of them. Turning his rump away from them, he reached under again and continued to drink. When he had his fill, he turned away and began to walk around, exploring the immediate vicinity of the two mares. Eventually, he kicked up a cloud of grasshoppers and the colt reared back with a startled snort. Enraged eyes searched the grass for what had startled him and he began tramping through the grass harshly as though hoping to squish one or two of thr bugs that had dared catch him by surprise.

He was distracted by the croaking of a toad, and stopped in his tracks. His ears swiveled around for the source, his eyes wide. When he locked onto the source, he reared back and struck out with his hind legs at the warty green beast. e let out a hoarse roar of fury and dug his hooves into the soil- the toad had hopped away. Standing with his bosy parked out, his hind legs stretched and all of his weight resting on his front legs, he looked up and towards his mother and the strange mare who approached him and introduced herself.

Harmony? He tilted his head, understanding, and yet not. He thought he should introduce himself but he did not know his own name yet. He thought his mother had named him, but he was too tired and too new to the world to remember. It would sink in eventually. He straightened himself out and circled around in the grass until he'd stamped down a good little nest. When that was done, he sank onto his knees and lowered his hind quarters down in an attempt to be graceful. That didn't work out, as gravity got the better of him again and his rump landed with a soft whump! in the grass. Laying his head on his front legs he yawned, showing toothless gums, and blinked before closing his eyes to nap. After all the excitement, he was exhausted. He hoped it was okay for him to sleep here.

@[Antheia], played by clo
@[Harmony], played by Wild
He fouight until he tuckered himself out. xD