the Rift

[PRIVATE] Unite Under Open Skies.

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
It was not the desperate call that had drawn me from my bed many nights ago to face the Assassin called Adrixaura, no, this chant was entirely different. Perhaps it was no chant at all in retrospect because this meeting had been predetermined in a way. However, I was more than obliging to answer the question poised and waiting before me under the moonlit skies (for they had certainly become a blessing after so much darkness). I had no reason to seek out the precarious burning lights that had lit my way during the dismal disappearance of the Gods and for all the blundering I’d done over the course of the past year, I felt strangely at ease now even if I was being summoned from the arms of patient slumber.

However, now that the sun had finally escaped its prison in hell, I had noticed many things about myself that I had failed to make note of before. I was no longer the gangly youth that had sought refuge in Helovia after losing myself to the nomadic lifestyle of my ancestors. In fact it plagued me to consider how simple I had been back then; of course, I had also considered myself to be reasonably happy. But now, I was something entirely different not only physically but mentally as well. That’s not to say that I am unhappy with the present or the situation in which I occupy, but more so disappointed to find that I have forgotten all the things that made me who I am, or perhaps was.

Not only had I grown into my body, now course and supple with the muscle of an aged stallion but I had also grown into maturity. My actions did not only affect me anymore, they affected those I led, those that looked up to me. But somewhere along the way I had paused in my step, stolen moments from those innocent souls so that I might selfishly reflect on my pains and my follies. I took no pride in hiding from my own truths, but now it was time to admit that the gloom I had succumbed to was over. So with Mirage at my side, we enlisted to the wonders of a meeting so unbeknownst to us, or perhaps just to me, so that we might be able to understand where the Edge was headed from this day forward.

The soft plodding of heavy feet upon new spring soil could be heard upon our approach and like the patient warriors of the Edge I decide to ascend quietly and with purpose. However, the creature I encounter is nothing like what I had imagined. I also assume that she is not the only representative of her clan from the way her curious eyes search the moonlit slopes with intent and the way her entire body seems to quiver with excitement. Long, lustrous crimson threads adorn her curious face like flames and though her beauty is unexpected, I am still skeptical as to what this summit could entail. We are still patiently awaiting the arrival of Kri and an unnamed, better yet unseen second half to the golden mare before us, but my mind has begun to run away with me imagining the many things that could be sung from her gilded lips.

State your business then.” It is more of a demand than a question of content which is enough for me to feel satisfied with her strange engagement of the Edge and the Throat together. I felt as though Mirage would have a better understanding as to why we had been summoned to the Meadow so late in the night, especially if Kri were to be involved. However, I did not feel pity for my confusion on the matter simply because I had been so negligent of my duties as of late. But seeing that I had been returned to the present with more resolve than I had formerly, or perhaps ever, felt I didn’t feel the need to bother with crude introductions. I was certain that the town crier could muse together who I was and why I was here, even if I still had no name to attach her face to in my memory.
Thor

OOC| Whit, if there is anything that needs changing let me know!

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Unite Under Open Skies. - by Eris_ - 09-21-2013, 11:20 PM
RE: Unite Under Open Skies. - by Thor - 09-22-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Unite Under Open Skies. - by Seele - 09-23-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: Unite Under Open Skies. - by Kri - 09-28-2013, 11:24 PM
RE: Unite Under Open Skies. - by Mirage - 10-14-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: Unite Under Open Skies. - by Eris_ - 11-14-2013, 09:40 PM