the Rift

[PRIVATE] Si|ver and Go|d (CLOSED)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 A lone wolf stares back at me, long in the tooth but as harmless as he can be</style>

Patrolling Hidden Falls was less complex than it had been back home; the land of my birth was such a wide expansion it had been challenging to maintain our territory every waking moment of every day. More often than not a few strangers would slip in from the outer waste; often these visitors went unnoticed for hours or even days. But here, in this lush valley surrounded by a natural wall—a looming boundary…there was little worry that Helovia’s biggest fools would try to mount a cliff. The only trespassers we had to fear beyond the hidden pathway were those of kindred talents, such as Pegasus and hybrids. As of yet, none had tried to invade our airspace, but I knew that such luck wouldn’t hold out forever.

Fina had heard Hawkeye first, she trilled loudly and I leaned right, turning toward the direction he’d bellowed. It wasn’t minutes later when his sunkissed frame came into view; the lad appeared to be standing watch, guarding our gateway. This wasn’t the first time I’d seen him partaking in the joys of soldiers, and in truth this fellow seemed better suited for a warrior title than that of a serpent, but I wasn’t one to be prejudice against a personal choice in life.

“Hail brother!” Vocals are surprisingly cheery. Limbs uncurl to caress the stone below and glide this frame to a stop only a few feet from where he stood. The roar of water muffles the sound of hooves clipping against the grey slate—gold springs from where daggers touch, the old marks disappear to spring new prints as I turn to stand parallel with perhaps the only trustworthy creature in this whole land. Feathers slither shut and neck extends with warmed muzzle stretching to brush along his higher shoulder in soft greeting. Fina’s flaming wings dip her slender body low, talons pitched sideways to scrape fragments of stone from the cliff face before she climbs high again.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Si|ver and Go|d (CLOSED) - by Hawkeye - 06-11-2014, 03:42 AM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Midas - 06-12-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Hawkeye - 06-17-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Midas - 06-17-2014, 11:26 AM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Hawkeye - 06-17-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Si|ver and Go|d - by Midas - 06-18-2014, 10:06 PM