the Rift

[OPEN] Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

My hooves began to dance on their own accord. How I begged them to stop. Just because you could kick up your hooves in a halfway appealing manner did not mean that you could or should dance.

There was a tale from home where a giant bat would whistle a tune and foals would be unable to keep themselves from dancing right into his clutches. Different endings were made for the story; some said he ate them right up, others said he took them for a magical flight. As I pranced towards the bells I hoped for the latter conclusion to this meeting. Flying off into the sunset would not be a bad option in light of recent events.

As the laugh rolled down the icy cave it warmed me from my ears down to the tips of my hooves. So much darkness had invaded my beloved Helovia. After stumbling upon the murdered mare a few days earlier it had been impossible to distance myself enough. The archway was a lonely place. It had given me a chance to be alone with my thoughts, but now I craved company.

My hooves sped their dance's tempo up the closer they got to the tinkling sound. I was so wrapped up in their movement that I careened right by the stallion. Shocked to suddenly catch sight of him one of my hooves slipped from underneath of me and I became a tumbling mess of legs and feathers sliding across the ice.

"Well that was smooth." Picking myself up I could already feel the places where bruises would be found later. A chuckle escaped as I shook my head from side to side. At least I knew how to make an entrance.

"Hello there! I am Rei of Dragon's Throat, if you want any souvenirs from our meeting the ground just claimed a few feathers. You will be able to take your pick. Hopefully the ground won't brutally attack you also." I spoke in order to hide my blush. Here was a stranger that I had introduced myself to by scraping myself across the ground. On the brighter side of things it would be a memorable meeting.

"You know; before coming upon you I thought of a foal's tale where the villain used music to lure foals to follow him away. Your bells set my hooves to moving in a way that I knew must be a spell, especially since I cannot dance." I winked at him before going on, "Although I suppose few of the brutish type choose these guys as their instrument of choice." I gestured towards the shining bells that adorned his antler. I desperately wanted to touch one; had I known him better I would have.

My head was thrown back with light laughter but I felt worry furrow my brow. Would he see the humor in my words, or would I be the only one laughing? At my own joke. Somewhere outside of the cave a bird suddenly burst into song, I told myself that it was laughing also. Either way his reaction went at least I would not be the only one to be entertained.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-11-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-12-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-13-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-14-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 01-09-2015, 12:39 AM