the Rift

[OPEN] Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

"I am fine! The thing that was hurt most was my pride. Nothing more than a bruise or two." I spread my wings and turned in a little circle to demonstrate that everything was still in working order. His bells still sung out their protests from his unexpected motion. My eye followed their movement until I realized that I only saw two, when earlier I was sure that I saw three.

Face flushed at the thought of having caused him to lose one my eyes desperately scanned the ground around us. Just as I was about to tell him to stand still to keep from disturbing the bell from where it may have fallen I saw it had tangled itself around his antler. "Hold still for just a second." Ah! Here it was! Here was my excuse to touch one of his beautiful instruments. As I freed the bell it jingled in thanks sending a smile to my face. "There should be more of these in the world."

I could feel myself tense up at the thought of a wolf. "Wolves certainly are to be feared. Although we cannot forget the beauty of their song." Didn't mean I wanted to be near any wolf again anytime soon. The encounter with the wolf colt would never be forgotten and although they weren't physical he had left me with scars. "Yes. That makes sense. Actually quite a bit more sense than a giant whistling bat. Funny the things that you can be convinced of as a foal. What was the strangest thing you believed as a colt?"

"A minstrel? Oh! I bet you have traveled to all kinds of places, and I bet that you have met all sorts." My heart gave two slow thuds before speeding to an increased rate. If he had met many during his travels then maybe..

"I actually made my way to Helovia by accident. I left my homeland in search of my father." Nervously I traced trails into the dirt at my hooves before looking back up to the minstrel. "Maybe you have bumped into him during your travels!" The more that I spoke the more animated I became, "He is similar to my coloring only he only has a few spots. His name is Herlov."

I walked over and positioned myself directly beside the stallion. Looking up at him I remembered times that I had stood so close to my father, nestled safely in his shadow. "He is around your height. Certainly no taller and possibly a tad shorter. You should have heard him complain about his height! All of the other guardian stallions towered over him." A familiar proud smile spread across my face as I thought about him. "But he never stood in anyone's shadow! None of the other stallions could match his presence. And my mother couldn't resist it. Together they had what we all hope for."

"Why are you without your troupe?" Halfway through the question I grimaced. How I hoped the question didn't bring him grief.

His exchange with the bird was intriguing to listen to. His mischievousness was endearing and the bird's chattering response sent her tumbling into a pool of laughter. "I am unsure about what you said, but you may want to rethink it. She didn't sound too pleased." My words were choked out in the breaths between my laughs and I hoped he would be able to make sense out of it.

Dipping my head in response to his introduction I was left to wonder if his neck had snapped in two. "Kvothe. I like it! No need to be so formal Kvothe. You are already a friend."

Thank you! You do not even know how happy Rei compliments make me XD

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-11-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-12-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-13-2014, 12:12 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-14-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 01-09-2015, 12:39 AM