the Rift

[OPEN] Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs

Kvothe

My amusement grows when she fixes my bells. I have not the heart to tell her that they were wrapped around my horn tines on purpose. "If there were more bells in the world, i would no longer stand out." I grin at this speckled mare, who's attention span appears to be that of a mouse that's eaten sugar cane. When she pauses for a moment after asking what the strangest thing i've heard, i leap into the silence to get a couple words in. "My mother once told me that in a land far far from here, there is an old nag who speaks only one word. 'Onresa'. And it is said if you could figure out what the word meant, you would know everything in the world." I smile at the memory. Oh, for months i had pondered that word as a child, thinking it was some grand mystery, and that i would be the first to figure out the word and thus know everything.

I finish, and she's off again. I listen to her description, and the name, pondering whether i had met such an individual. "I'm sorry to say, if i had met such a man, i do not recall. My troupe did not stay in one place for longer than a season. We were too restless." I give her an apologetic look.

But she laughs at my mischief with the bird, and i glance out the arch to make sure that no angry bird was flying at me with all intent of mauling me. "That... is a difficult question. One that may take some time to explain." It wasn't difficult emotionally. It was just difficult to explain my own reasoning. My smile grows at her compliment, and i tip my head. "My mother has a fondness for names out of stories. My brother Bast is named after a cat that once tricked a wolf into thinking it was a sheep. My own name comes from a legendary trouper that sung to the moon a song so sweet that she fell in love, and spends half the month with him, which is why the moon has phases." I'd normally explain the stories more in-depth, but i feared this mare's quick words would snatch away my own 'fore they even leave my mouth. Not that i was complaining, i did want conversation, after all.

Word Count: 397
Tags: @[Rei]
Notes: 000
Image Credits
Text Credits

Please tag Kvothe in all posts
Force is allowed provided it doesn't kill

Messages In This Thread
Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-11-2014, 10:38 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Rei - 12-12-2014, 09:26 PM
RE: Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This - by Kvothe - 12-12-2014, 09:53 PM