[OPEN] Strings of friendship stretched too far
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO
And I'd bring you further roses but it does you no good
Ophelia wouldn't have to wait long. Given the recent encounter with Thranduil lurking so far inside his borders, Gaucho had increased patrol and security as of late. If only he could have known just how long the golden trickster had remained in his borders he might have gone out and recruited more muscle himself. Then again, if he knew that much about Thranduil he might also know that he was one of the Basin's top assets. In which case the conversation that was about to follow might not be quite so pleasant.

Gaucho moved steadily towards Ophelia, steadily declining through the air. His movements were not charged by anger or a need to demonstrate his power. There was no flurry of feathers as he landed, no spray of sand. His large bulk landed with a relative grace upon the sands, disturbing them very little. Flame soaked wings hugged against his dark flanks as he moved towards Ophelia. Gaucho's stormy gaze found the place where her shadow fell, and rose a few feet up (awkwardly staring directly at her chest). Through Mara's vision he saw that her coat was no longer the colour of freshly fallen snow, but was marred by injury and old blood.

She had been busy it seemed.

Mara's steely face poked through Gaucho's forelock, black eyes scanning for the frost snake. Whatever truce held between the two did not concern the two serpents as far as Mara was concerned.

"Ophelia." He greeted, his voice holding at bay the anger that welled up within his chest. He had been notified of the failed attempt on Tandavi almost immediately. It rang a fury within his chest, given that he had just returned from his talk with Ophelia - the pain of having carried Phaedra all the way back still aching across his spine. How Gaucho was no an idiot. For the culprit to have traveled all the way from the Basin to the Throat meant they would have left nearly at the same time as Ophelia had. The order couldn't have come from her - or at least, not after their talk unless the red-tipped queen had more tricks up her sleeve.

Gaucho's eyes rose (with a prompt from Mara) to more or less were Ophelia's gaze might have been. "Truce short." He offered in jest, his voice hinting at amusement as his dark lips twitched. He couldn't see her expression, although he hoped to avoid another verbal confrontation with her by keeping things light. He could easily crush her body ... but her mind would forever be an insurmountable opponent.

"Your spy try to steal my new Sultana." His voice grew more and more stern throughout the sentence. Would Ophelia's vast and brilliant mind put the pieces together? His love for Sohalia? Did Ophelia know of Soh's disappearance? Well, if she didn't perhaps she would assume it now. Either that or the two had had a falling out. Whatever assumption she drew Gaucho hoped she would not press it. He wasn't in the mood to discuss his personal life at the moment - Rasta and Tandavi had pulled on his heartstrings enough for the rest of the year. "But fail." He concluded, forcing his voice to ignore the tension he felt in his breath at thoughts of Sohalia.

"Gaucho assume order not come from you...Gaucho going to come North to see you about it." I was going to come North like you said. He seemed to imply, I am trying to fulfill my end of this.

Table style by Tamme! Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strings of friendship stretched too far - by Gaucho - 01-02-2015, 02:51 PM