the Rift

[OPEN] three : stars seeing red

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
Cirrus the WindDancer
The mare struggled. She flailed, and Cirrus watched through blank, almost unseeing eyes, keeping her weight firmly pressed down, striking true with her free leg to end the suffering as swiftly as possible. The starrymare wondered what it was like to die - but she already knew. The departure of Sitka from her soul was surely as close as one could get to dying without actually departing this world - she had felt as his soul slipped into the abyss, and felt the agony of its leaving as it stole parts of her soul with it. As Cirrus watched the light fade from this sick mare's eyes, she wondered where her soul was going.

It was a long time before she moved again, and when she did, she was surprised to find her face wet with tears and her nose crinkled with a sob. The starmare lifted her weight from the body, allowing the head to lift once more - corpses floated, she knew, and now this once-living, breathing creature was nothing more than debris in a strange, crimson pond.

Try as she might, she could not forget her task, her assignment from the Lord of the Earth, to collect a token from the corpse she had created. Lips curled back as teeth were bared, and charred lips closed around strands of mane. She didn't need to pull very hard - they were brittle from whatever sickness had riddled the dead mare's body during her shortened life - and she had her token in a mouthful of hair. Carefully, she tucked the strands in amongst the folds of feathers in her left wing, nudging them until they were safely hidden and unlikely to be dislodged. Sad, vacant eyes turned back to the body one more time, before the starmare gave a deep dip of her tiara, a final farewell, to one who would help her grow.

For @[Phaedraa]
Thank you so much <3
Shoot me a PM or nudge my plot thread if you'd like to do another one C:

eagle-cry-designs | larfsalot
on deviantart
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    three : stars seeing red - by Cirrus - 06-07-2015, 11:43 PM
    RE: three : stars seeing red - by NPC - 06-08-2015, 02:17 AM
    RE: three : stars seeing red - by Cirrus - 06-08-2015, 02:48 AM
    RE: three : stars seeing red - by Cirrus - 06-08-2015, 03:29 AM
    RE: three : stars seeing red - by Cirrus - 06-09-2015, 05:16 AM
    RE: three : stars seeing red - by NPC - 06-08-2015, 03:01 AM
    RE: three : stars seeing red - by NPC - 06-08-2015, 06:14 AM