the Rift

I don't believe we've met

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom
The svelte pegasus conveyed her gracile figure onward through the Threshold as a luminescent creature sailed with ease close by, weaving and maneuvering through the palisade of trees which surrounded her in all directions. A trail of illumine danced in its wake; a radiant scatter of dust careening downward from the caudal appendage of the ethereal bird, the pyrogenic fibers anesthetized by the smothering of a gentle wind.

The night suited the celestial dame. Her magic could only by summoned forth under the cover of nightfall, when the stars shown bright against the vast blackness of space. The constellations were most prominently visible at such a time, and so it was then that her star breathing was at its most potent. This is why she loved the night. That, and now that summer was at its harshest the darkness provided a gratifying reprieve from the Sun God's wrath – or at least to some extent it did.

She had finally arrived at her destination after the journey through the Deep Forest and her encounter with Osanna on the way. She was uncertain who might be lurking in the shadows, and therefore was somewhat weary. However, the trek here would be wasted if she did not find what she had come here in search of in the first place – that of course being a new recruit for the Throat or to simply welcome a newcomer into Helovia as she had what seemed like forever again now.

The essence of an imminent storm lingering ominously through the atmosphere hung heavy in the air. Her creation could not weather the rain. Its gaseous light could withstand a small amount of it, but it would be extinguished quickly should a torrential downpour begin. She wasn't concerned about that, though. Her attention was reigned in by a lupine creature, one she would normally be expected to fear if it hadn't possessed such an intelligent aura. For a moment she studied the discernibly female wolf, pondering what to do. Columba – the supernal bird – had alighted atop the dame's withers, curiously watching as well.

A warm sensation was constituted upon her skin where it perched, as she hesitantly began to advance toward her, uncertainty evident in each step she claimed. Columba took to the air, swooping deliberately toward the creature and landing on the ground just before it.

Mutely, she observed the wolf's reaction from the cover of the trees, still mostly veiled in the shadows.

Messages In This Thread
I don't believe we've met - by Arathea - 06-28-2012, 04:37 PM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Cassiopeia - 06-29-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Arathea - 06-29-2012, 04:08 PM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Cassiopeia - 06-30-2012, 12:39 AM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Arathea - 06-30-2012, 06:19 AM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Cassiopeia - 06-30-2012, 02:07 PM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Arathea - 07-01-2012, 05:52 AM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Cassiopeia - 07-05-2012, 01:19 AM
RE: I don't believe we've met - by Arathea - 07-06-2012, 01:15 PM