the Rift

is the jackal hunting | Jackal

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: vnjxbc.png]
Svetlana the Stormchaser
'There was something more about her, something that screamed a greater destiny.' - Evers the Able

Again, I was walking. Trudging through the belly-high snow, trying to keep my black wings out of the white fluff struggling to suck me down under. Ha! I was not going without a very hard fight, fucking snow. I loved Frostfall's entrancing beauty, but to be honest, it was disgusting how little I could fly. Too often, even with my wings, the black appendages iced over. I had been known for non-icing wings, but I suppose this was the bitterest of winters without the Sun God's warm hands. I halted, snorting in dismay at the towering piles of snow. Why? I glanced over to the mountains. If I were to fly up there, to the steepest parts of the slopes, the snow would be nearly gone. Lucky me, unable to fly! But a pegasus can still jump, and jump I did, leaping over the deepest drifts without trouble. Then I continued on my way to the herd, the masses of horses clumped together, all vaguely familiar in one way or another. I murmur a greeting here and there, nod my head to a couple of colts, and travel pass. If somebody follows me, I'll talk. If I run across someone, I'll talk as well. Why ever not?

I finally stopped by a small pool of ice. A black hoof smashed through it, opening up the hard crust to expose still water. I sipped at it, ignoring the cold, enjoying the drink. I fluffed up my wings, and the sun peeked out from behind the gray clouds. Suddenly, everything seemed so much brighter.

""

Image Credit: venomxbaby (when downsized, signature become somewhat unreadable)

Messages In This Thread
is the jackal hunting | Jackal - by Svetlana - 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM
RE: is the jackal hunting | Jackal - by Jackal2 - 11-04-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: is the jackal hunting | Jackal - by Svetlana - 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM