[OPEN] Chance [Challenge watching]

Aelin Posts: 67
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 15 :: 2
Frostie

Aelin

Is it because my life is ten shades of grey,
I pray all ten fade away.

The dun girl giggles as Gaucho exhales a gush of air towards her, the sound of her delight revealing how young she actually is. Her eyes close as their noses moved towards one another, she knew you couldn't see love, it was something that you felt. Her father's muzzle touched hers, his rough and hers soft but the difference in only provides comfort. Aelin likes to think that she is the most gentle of his daughters (perhaps children), not just in body but also in mind. No matter how old she grew, the sandy princess would never refuse affection from her father. Simply, she adored him.

The grin that broadened her father's painted face is again to lesson her worry for his physical injuries. Aelin had never been a good judge of wounds still she was sure he needed a healer. With her father's assuring words however she nodded, at least for a while she'd keep her insistence that he be healed quiet. The girl sighed quietly, happy that at least someone was okay. Having looked away towards her father she found herself struggling to locate the dark blur that was her friend. Her eyes skittered towards where (she believed) Rikyn had been crushed, her father may be okay but that surely didn't also apply to her crushed friend?

Beside her Gaucho shrugged his sturdy blue-striped shoulders, and she smirked as his dark wings fanned from his sides. Clearly she hadn't caused too much of a problem and he'd manage to ignore her outburst. The tension she hadn't realised she was holding in her shoulders was released. If her cries had caused him to falter or stumble and sustain injuries then she'd be devastated. She needed to be brave and strong for her father, not a hindrance.

The soft and warm words made her smile up at Gaucho. She felt comforted by his gentle voice, knowing that his injuries where not causing him much discomfort. Again, his shoulders shrugged. But Aelin took time to ponder his words, she'd seen him take on many opponents. He always seemed to be fighting the battles for the members in the Throat, he always took this responsibility upon himself. Time after time she watched her father gamble with his wellbeing rather than allow them to take the risk.

Her father's assessment brought her back to the present but she did not look towards Rikyn.
The realisation that he’ll always put himself in danger to protect the ones he loves and the ones he is responsible for causes tears to spring to her eyes. Gaucho would give his life for this family. Aelin loves him so much that she can't allow him to keep doing this, she wants to protect him (perhaps a laughable notion). "Papa, I need you to promise me something." The sandy princess begins, her eyes staring unblinkingly up at her father. "Promise that you'll never put yourself in a perilous situation again." The girl now moves so that her head is resting against her father’s shoulder, her eyes still staring up at him. "Promise me that you’ll always be around to protect me." The message in her words was hopefully clear; never risk you life again, be here, with me and our family until you peacefully leave to ride in the night lands. After all, she wasn't really asking for his protection, she was asking for his life. 'I don’t need you to be a hero. I need you to be my father.'

I guess jealousy's the curse that the struggle inspires.

☀ Force and magic permitted. ☀
☀ No fatal or permanent damage. ☀
☀ Please only tag in opening posts. ☀

Messages In This Thread
Chance [Challenge watching] - by Aelin - 05-01-2016, 07:53 AM
RE: Chance [Challenge watching] - by Gaucho - 05-13-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: Chance [Challenge watching] - by Aelin - 05-13-2016, 11:55 PM
RE: Chance [Challenge watching] - by Gaucho - 05-14-2016, 10:13 AM
RE: Chance [Challenge watching] - by Aelin - 05-14-2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Chance [Challenge watching] - by Gaucho - 05-15-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: Chance [Challenge watching] - by Aelin - 05-20-2016, 08:38 PM
RE: Chance [Challenge watching] - by Gaucho - 05-27-2016, 11:17 AM