the Rift

the mystery of winter [open]

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

trust your heart if the
seas catch fire

He didn't say much, merely listening as she spoke but then again there wasn't much to interject, she supposed. His expression was cryptic, leaving Cassiopeia without much of an indicator as to what thoughts stirred just beneath the surface. His voice was cordial enough as the virile professed his calling. Murder. Cassiopeia's ears twitched almost imperceptibly. It was an odd name, one she never would have predicted. What mother would impart upon their child such an unfortunate calling?

She soon dismissed the thought however, and she too introduced herself. "My name is Cassiopeia," she averred. "A pleasure, Murder." A dip of her head companioned her words before she turned to peer out across the murky expanse once again. The sky had darkened substantially and the matron was uneasy about being here when night fell upon the land. This was a necropolis, afterall. The roaned mistress dared to glance down into the pools at her feet, reluctantly exploring the depths of the nearly-opaque waters. To her surprise she could make out the forms of what appeared to be fish weaving in between her forelegs and beyond that, thankfully, nothing but sodden earth.

Vagrant foliage drifted across the surface. She sighed. How on earth would she find what she desired when her vision was so obscured and the artifact of her excavation was hidden somewhere beneath the surface? "I'll look over here," She informed him, her eyes anchored on his cerulean coat as she gestured to her left then traveled in that general direction. With each step there came a watery clap, and she moved with deliberation, careful of what might lurk beneath the surface. Her ears percolated as his tenor rang forth and she raised her head back into the air. The manner in which he spoke was rather grandiose. "I wish to gain the powers of healing," she answered. "I possess a magic which allows me to animate the stars, but as of now they are capable of inflicting only pain."

She soon reverted her attention back to searching for the stone. As she moved forward it would appear as though she had dislodged a previously concealed corpse and it swiftly bobbed to the surface. A half decomposed head poked at the surface of the water and vacant white eyes stared back at her, provoking fear to stir within her. A white film hovered around it and, horrified, she jerked her head upward and shied away as if its gaze had transmit a signal of palpable fear. She snorted loudly, peering toward Murder as she caught her breath, wondering if he had witnessed her revulsion.

Her stomach sank. These horses had once lived and breathed as she; walked the very same terrain. She was suddenly very eager to return to the desert.

[ ooc ; I'm not particularly fond of this >.< No worries, tarot. I'll be more patient with this from now on. I can certainly relate to having no muse. And honestly, I thought your post was lovely. ;) Also, if you'd like, Murder can say he saw something glowing beneath the surface in your next post. I sort of want him to find it. xD ]

Messages In This Thread
the mystery of winter [open] - by Cassiopeia - 10-24-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Murder - 10-27-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Cassiopeia - 10-30-2012, 04:08 PM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Murder - 11-01-2012, 11:32 PM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Murder - 11-25-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Cassiopeia - 11-25-2012, 11:23 PM
RE: the mystery of winter [open] - by Murder - 12-02-2012, 01:25 PM