the Rift

I May Be Late, But I Get There In The End [Open]

Totem Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Totem
Time waits for no one, so do you wanna waste some time?

It took longer than Totem liked for the mare to appear, striding toward him with head held high, acting like she owned the place. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't, but she was doing a piss-poor job at defending her borders. He could have marched an entire army through the mountain pass in the time it had taken her to arrive, or snuck out with a valuable herd member. As a former border guard, he knew well the dangers of leaving the sole entrance to your home unguarded, and the serious lapse did nothing to make him think favorably of this self-proclaimed Empress. Still, knowledge of such a weakness may prove valuable later, and so he sees no need to inform her of his professional opinion. Being a newbie in this herd, he will need to find and exploit every flaw in the leadership that he can. If nothing else, it will provide entertainment.

He takes his time before replying to her inquiry, sizing her up and forming opinions. Physically, this Psyche is unimpressive, neither tall and bulky, nor overly beautiful. She must rule by intelligence then, not strength or seduction. The herd must either be full of dim wits, or else just be completely unmotivated. Or there is always the possibility that some are like him, scheming in secret, working toward their own secret agendas. Admirable, if it is the truth, though it makes the band dangerously unstable. With a mental shrug, he dismisses the thoughts of chaos and anarchy. It is not his concern.

Now, it was time to speak. But how to respond? His foreign accent often resulted in others underestimating him, considering it to be the speech of a simpleton, and he had often used that to his advantage, playing the fool in order to further his own ends. Would that work here, or should he present himself as capable. It is likely that the Basin Lady is looking for those who can be useful, he figures, and so that would probably be the best approach. “Totem. I be lookin’ ta join thar’s herd, if thar’ll have me. Lass named Lena said thar may have use ‘o me.” A simple enough explanation, and composed entirely of the truth.

Messages In This Thread
I May Be Late, But I Get There In The End [Open] - by Totem - 12-28-2012, 09:54 PM
RE: I May Be Late, But I Get There In The End [Open] - by Totem - 01-07-2013, 04:46 AM