the Rift

The journey itself is my home

Pampero Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Another land, another voice, another warning. I have seen only a small sliver of this universe, but its vastness soothes me. I am sure I could gallop and fly for the rest of my days and still never experience all of it. There will always be something left, some overlooked detail awaiting my discovery. It is a wonderful thing.

My thoughts are slipping between these cracks in the clouds when I hear the sound of hooves approaching. I extract my muzzle from the snow, feeling the powder clinging to my long whiskers like a fine coat of sugar. My gaze drifts along, following the path of sound laid out by my ears, then settles on my greeter. It is a piebald creature like myself, although this body owns far more black than mine. Instead of massive wings at his sides, a spear protrudes from his skull. I had met a similar creature once – a small gray mare, pretty as you like - and liked to imagine more existed. I had created stories about entire worlds filled with these “unicorns”, as she had called herself.

See? If you travel far enough, anything you can imagine could be true.

I’m studying the horn curiously when the unicorn introduces himself as Nato and labels this land Helovia. His demeanor is calm, but he speaks with urgency. I smile amicably with no desire to rush this introduction despite the warning of danger. Hellos are fun and easy; it’s the goodbyes that bother me. “Happy evening to you, Nato. I am Pampero.” I nod my head deferentially, eager not to upset or scare off this precious unicorn who has joined me. Abuelita says you meet everyone for a reason, and I would hate to waste a meeting by being rude or closed-minded. I try to use my most soothing voice as I continue, “Do not fear the darkness, good Nato. The night is a temporary thing, and it will end in dawn soon enough.” I smile reassuringly now, enjoying the cool breeze combing patiently through my feathers. I wonder why others are scared of the dark. I always think it is a mystery, full of possibilities to explore. Another world within our world, even.
“…nowhere to go but everywhere, keep rolling under the stars.”
– Jack Kerouac

OOC: @[Nato] No worries at all! And that sounds good. =)

Messages In This Thread
The journey itself is my home - by Pampero - 03-04-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: The journey itself is my home - by Nato - 03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
RE: The journey itself is my home - by Pampero - 03-06-2014, 02:37 PM
RE: The journey itself is my home - by Nato - 03-07-2014, 06:15 PM
RE: The journey itself is my home - by Pampero - 03-08-2014, 04:16 PM
RE: The journey itself is my home - by Nato - 03-10-2014, 09:31 PM