the Rift

[OPEN] Back To me [Birthing thread]

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

Foreign screams of pain echo in my ears. My head throbs with the first and loudest scream. My small cranium shakes and my eyes shut. I snort and grumble, annoyed. The Marsh was ensnaring too many these days. Some were hopelessly lost wanderers, some were those who begged and begged for their lives to end, for their threads of life to be cut. I did not mind the floating, fleshy piles that would often bubble up to the surface of the Marsh's waters, it was a common thing for me. But this was a live scream, one of someone who was not struggling to keep their head above the muddied waters. I recognize the matter of the screams, the way they ring. A familiar tone to them, one that fades into the back of my head, piercing my mind. A flash over my amber eyes, and I wail.

The blood trickles over the rolling blob of brown. Wings flap in desperation, struggling. A scream echoed, fighting with the noise of the water, the crashing waves. Sand clung to the blob of brown. Blood was caked against the body that rolled, the head and features were clear now. A flailing pegasus, her amber eyes showing panic and fear as she flops helplessly. Her screams ring out, echoing on...

The bay mares' screams merge with the current scream. I jump into the drivers seat of reality, trembling. My chestnut body is shaking, an aftermath of the memory. In a desperate attempt to save the screamer, I leap forward, spreading my wings and flapping desperately. My flight skills were poor in the Marsh, and the trees were a deadly obstacle. My legs are flopping, and I dig them into the ground when I find the source of the screams.

A cream woman lay, her body laced with designs of white. Her head had fallen to the ground, tears streaming from her eyes. I leap into action, swooping down to the mare's side. Her body was large, her abdomen bloated. She was foaling... And the screams of Mommy shook my head, forcing me to my knees. Forget them darling, they are nothing but memories. Focus on what happens now. Mommy's gentle words whisper in my ear, and I feel strength slowly fill my weakened muscles. I look at the mare, a serious look on my adolescent features. "Push. No matter how much it hurts, no matter how much strength it takes, push." I inhale and exhale, walking to the mares hind end. "You must fight the pain... and breathe." I demonstrate, inhaling deeply and exhaling deeply. I felt a presence that reassured me, one that made me feel warm inside. It was Mommy, pressing her warm muzzle against my crest. I glance back, my heart dropping. There was no one there, just empty space.
"words words words"
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Back To me [Birthing thread] - by Luneia - 10-10-2013, 03:54 PM
RE: Back To me [Birthing thread] - by Amara - 10-10-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: Back To me [Birthing thread] - by Shajake - 10-18-2013, 03:59 PM
RE: Back To me [Birthing thread] - by Luneia - 10-28-2013, 06:04 PM