the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

"Thank you." I replied when he told me that he didn't mind if I joined him. I don't know what I was expecting, but I felt better knowing that I wasn't disturbing him too much. It wasn't like I intended to talk a lot, anyways. I just wanted a little bit of company while I mulled over my decision and the pros and cons after the fact. That was another way I was unlike my mother. She was not spontaneous. She didn't make decisions that could affect her so drastically at the drop of a hat. She thought through what she wanted to do before she did it.

“I mean, I’ve not taken your spot, have I?”

"Huh? I.. oh. No." I spluttered before pressing my lips together so I wouldn't look like too much more of a fool for already having zoned out. I shifted my weight then ventured closer, keeping my wings tucked close at my sides. "I don't.. have a spot. Not here. I mean ... I don't own this meadow." I flicked my tail and looked around. "Its big enough for more than just us." I hoped then that I was finished with my spluttering for at least a few minutes because I did feel like a fool. I'd never had so much trouble talking and making coherent sentences before in my life, but I guess that's what happens when you zone out after asking someone if you can join them.

"I'm Ranjiri." I said as I turned my head toward him. "Formerly of the Foothills." Boy did that ever feel weird to say and even weirder to hear. I pressed my lips together again and let my gaze drop to the ground, which is where I noticed the strange pink flower that was growing out of a thistle. I'd never seen anything like it before and it made me curious. I wondered, suddenly, how it tasted, but I could hear Momma's voice in the back of my head reminding me not to eat something that I was unfamiliar with no matter how tempting it was. So I left it alone for the time being.

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Ranjiri - 10-28-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM