the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

"I don't belong anywhere either."

My ears twitched at the sound of his voice and the words that he uttered. Did I really make it sound like I didn't belong anywhere? I suppose I did by saying that I was formerly of the Foothills. But just because I left didn't mean that I didn't belong. Did it? I could feel my forehead crinkle as I thought about it because I didn't want to not belong. But maybe I didn't. I don't know. I certainly didn't think that I fit in well with my family, but I think every kid feels that way sometimes. I may have looked like my parents, but I didn't behave like them. I looked nothing like Auntie Ophie or Ros or Hototo. I was literally the black sheep of my family and I still kind of am, but its something I've come too embrace.

I like being me. I'm Ranjiri and I'm unique. There is no one else like me and there never will be. Sounds lame, right?

"Konstantin. Kostya." I repeated his names after he said them, liking how foreign they sounded. "Where are you from, Kostya?" I glanced in his direction as I posed my question then looked down at the flower that seemed to have drawn his attention as well. To be honest I wasn't really paying attention too much to where he was from as I was just watching the strange looking plant. It almost ... It almost felt sinister and it made me more curious. I don't know how a plant feels sinister, but it did.

"What do you suppose it is?"

"A flower." I answered, simply enough. What else could I have said that it was? It was obviously a flower, but I was no expert on foliage. I just knew what clover tasted the best in the Foothills and what leaves not to eat because they made my tongue itch. "Its very pretty, don't you think?"

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Ranjiri - 10-31-2013, 10:48 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM