the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I heard when he told me that he was born on an island, but not much else after that. When I finally realized that he had stopped talking I tore my gaze away from the flower and looked at him. "I'm sorry." I apologized feeling terribly guilty that I probably made him feel like the flower was more important than he was, which was simply not the case. No plant could ever be more important than another living, breathing horse.

"I was born in the Foothills." I offered him. "My mother was the Chieftess and my father was a General in the Dragon's Throat." At this point I didn't know what Daddy had been promoted to lead alongside Kri. Like my mother he had disappeared from my life, which bothered me sometimes, but sometimes i felt that it wasn't so bad. I was growing up and them having their distance allowed me to grow without them shaping me into something they wanted. I was free to be myself and make my own decisions and I was glad for that.

My lips creased into a small smile when he agreed with me that the flower was pretty, but the smile disappeared when he reached down and bit the flower free of its stem. It was just a flower, but I wished I had at least bent to smell it before Kostya had eaten it. When I looked at him, though, I saw that he had not eaten it, but was holding it between his teeth. He gestured toward me and I made a face and shortly after it dawned on me what he wanted.

I laughed at myself then tilted my head toward Kostya so he could put the flower in my mane. I wondered if it would stay there and if it did how long before it would die, but I didn't voice my questions. I figured I'd just find out as time went on. "Thank you." I said after he'd tucked the flower within the white and gold strands of my mane.

"How long have you been in Helovia?" I asked so the conversation, what little there had been, wouldn't dry up completely.

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Ranjiri - 11-03-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM