the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali

I didn't realize I was holding my breath while he put the flower in my hair until he had taken a step back and my lungs felt like they were burning. Why did I hold my breath? I don't know. I didn't know them and I don't think I ever will completely understand why I did it. Eventually I just chalked it up to being a little nervous. You see, I had never been so close to a stallion before that wasn't related to me in some way.

Thankfully the questions I asked after he had finished and stepped back helped keep me from feeling too awkward. Maybe he didn't notice that I had held my breath. If he did I hoped he didn't think it was because he stunk, because he didn't. I looked to him when he mentioned someone offering him a home in the Foothills and began to wonder who it had been. I didn't know of many of its members going into the Threshold to recruit newcomers. I think that what made Momma so upset a lot of the time. That and she spent a lot of her own time patrolling the borders because she said that the warriors weren't doing a very good job of it. Thinking about it, she was unhappy a lot from what I could remember while she was in the Foothills. I just hoped she was happier now that she was gone.

"Who was it?" I asked when my curiosity finally got the better of me. Even if he didn't remember a name he could probably describe them to me and I'd know.

The conversation returned to me with his question on why I left and in response I shrugged my gold marked shoulders. Of course I realized a shrug wasn't much of an answer and I frowned. "I was alone." I said. "Daddy lives in the Dragon's Throat, Momma left because she wasn't happy, Hototo left because the Earth God had some mission for him, Roskuld left because of the Time God, Cera lives with Daddy, Eytan is Momma's companion." My frown deepened. "Roskuld came back and asked me to go on adventures with her so I figured why not. It beats being stuck in a herd without any of my family."

Image Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Ranjiri - 11-05-2013, 01:47 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM