the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Konstantin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
”Irrydae.” Even now I found myself repressing the awe of seeing a mare thus clothed with the night. Moments like that always made me feel giddy, which I suppose means relatively for someone who seems to get excited about every single thing.

Admittedly, there are worse character flaws.

I have a few of them.

My ears perked up at the mention of Eytan, though the rest of the names predictably made little impression. All this talk of gods and missions sounded very noble, to be sure, but religion and all that it entailed were foreign concepts to me. Gods were for people that ought to live forever; I did not deserve to exist at all.

“It does. My brother and I did the same thing,” and we had. To be sure, the islands had never had anything to offer us but the comfort of our grandsires’ noble legacy, but I don’t think I’d understood until the day that Cimarron surrendered to the ravenous seas: the cataclysm had swallowed far more than stone.

So much had come since that there were times I did not feel as young as I looked. Remembering and reliving every moment of it as I did in my dreams and waking mind, I might have lived a thousand lifetimes already, but for the youthful curves stubbornly clinging to my body. A thousand lifetimes – I bit back a fond smile. “I don’t regret the journey at all.” When you’re in the wilderness, you tend to find yourself and grow richer for it. I found much more (and felt like the richest horse on earth when I didn’t jolt awake from the nightmares, but I would not say as much to her).

“But why were you alone tonight?”

Why were you alone, Kostya? Someone who so flippantly leaves his heart behind is hardly in a position to be questioning strangers.

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM