the Rift

[OPEN] I learned the language of another world.

Konstantin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
When we were born, we had nothing. We were princes, heirs to an ancient and illustrious legacy, and from that moment on we had only each other. Natalya Koscheyevna, despite her kindness, was far too young and naïve to ever have managed us properly, and Zavulon Rodionovich....Well, he only loved himself.

You become what your parents fear most; my brother and I are no different.

Princes we might have been, but our hearts lusted after simpler things than power. Starlight captured my imagination, and I never wanted it to let go.

---

She’s beautiful, isn’t she?

“Yeah,” I murmured wistfully.

Vaguely I remembered the first pegasus I’d ever met and my fantasies of climbing up, up into the night sky, never to land. It was a passing fancy, but I still felt little pangs of jealousy toward the wingéd few. Was that why I had kept his feather for so long?

My next answer came more hastily. “I wasn’t against it, I just....” The last time we’d gone someplace new, my brother and I had ended up on the better end of a coup. Before that, I’d found myself shouldering the weight of leadership, staring down a warrior queen who could have bested me in every arena but the one I chose. I had a history of leaping feet first into raging infernos. “I don’t know anything about this place. I didn’t want to be wrong.”

When she stretched out a wing to nudge me, I smiled. It was nice not to be lonely (and for someone who had spent nearly every night before and after birth by the same horse’s side, I struggled with loneliness rather frequently; it’s one of those...things).

Look at us: just a couple of kids, sitting under the stars and trying to figure out where we belong. Story of the universe.

Messages In This Thread
I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-27-2013, 11:07 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-01-2013, 02:12 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-04-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-07-2013, 01:52 AM
RE: I learned the language of another world. - by Konstantin - 11-15-2013, 08:38 PM