the Rift

[PRIVATE] Be a dear and dig me a grave [Gaucho, Sohalia, Zenobia]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
HEART SICK_AND EYES FILLED UP WITH BLUE

[Posting this for @[Gaucho] and Ampere, but I thought it might be fun if @[Sohalia] and/or @[Zenobia] jumped in too. Up to you guys!]

In the days that followed Ampere's defeat, her heart was set adrift. The waves of the wind pushes and pulled against the mooring that bound it to her chest until at last some final strand of dignity unspun and cast it free. Slowly, but surely, it was sinking. The currents carried it none the less, until it washed ashore the red beach.

Her hooves tramped gouges in the desert as she landed, heavy, weary, stumbling almost, like some sea-legged survivor unaccustomed to the firm tug of gravity.
Ampere certainly hoped she'd find something firm here.

The heat droned above her with a silence that overwhelmed. The wings on her side shifted to provide some shade, but even so the sweat beaded easily on her nape, the dark hide eager to bleed in the summer swelter. The salt-water and the grime attracted the buzzards. The buzz, buzz, buzzed around her head, settling heavily in the corners of her eyes and the roots of her ears.

She shook her head, but it lacked the vigor her ire would have held at the start of the season. By now the flies were almost like friends. When you're adrift, you have so fewer choices for your social life.

The motion bled a dull pain into her skull. It throbbed behind her eyes in rhythm with her soul. Was it a metaphor to her emotionally wrecked state?
No, she knew. It was dehydration.

A blue gaze washed left, then right, then left again, one last time. Her lips smacked together, dry and sticking together. She rolled her tongue around, thoughts drifting back to the pool where she'd first met him. It brought a ghost of a smile to her lips and without another thought she trudged forward, mindless to the borders that she'd never seen drawn.

"Pull yourself together Ampere."
She plunged her head into the oasis and her reflection scattered, along with her thirst.

A M P E R E

plaguedog.deviantart.com

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Be a dear and dig me a grave [Gaucho, Sohalia, Zenobia] - by Ampere - 11-18-2013, 11:14 PM