the Rift

[PRIVATE] Be a dear and dig me a grave [Gaucho, Sohalia, Zenobia]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

My voice spins quietly through the dry desert air, drifting on the breeze as I might, should I choose to take to the sky. It is an old lullaby, one my dear Akako had taught me as we fled my homeland all those years ago. The song fills me with some mixture of calm and sadness as I remember how wonderful she had been, and how quickly and mercilessly she had been taken from me. There have been many trials throughout my relatively short life; I feel so very old, though I am only five years and I know that I have lived only a fifth of my life (or less) and I find myself wondering more and more if this is what I shall have to resign myself to: empty promises and broken vows, scattered family and lost friends.

Somehow, this has all become okay. My song gives me strength, and I walk on.

I am not working on the wall today, but my pelt is covered in a layer of dust all the same. Something about living in the desert makes it incredibly hard to keep the pristine glow that I had carried all through childhood. Regardless of the slightly beige appearance of my snowy bodice, I have found that I am an easy creature to spot - or at least that is what I must assume, considering that those who would seek me out manage to find me sooner of later. Of course, that may simply be because others direct them to the wall, where I spend the majority of my days. Perhaps it is the heat, or perhaps it is the sand, or perhaps it is some combination of the two, but I find myself driven to the oasis. I fancy a bath - and if such a fancy is driven at all by the memory of him and our time there, I refuse to admit it.

My hopes for a relaxing, peaceful swim are dashed, however; as I arrive beside the calm waters, I notice a rather oddly colored pegasus mare attempting to drown herself in the shallows. Concern blossoms within me and I step forward, announcing myself with a hurried whinny, for I have not seen this stranger before and I do not wish to alarm her. "Are you quite alright?" I ask hurriedly, stopping far enough away to allow her space, but close enough to be considered a companion. She has no smell of the desert, and my nerves are on high alert, for it was not so long ago that our borders were breached by ill-intentioned evildoers. But I cannot simply allow her to be alone, when she seems either mentally disturbed or very confused. I cannot blame her - the heat will do that to you, after all - but I must be sure she is alright.

[OOC | Hope it's okay that I just jumped in!]

"Talk talk talk."
@[Gaucho]
@[Ampere]

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be a dear and dig me a grave [Gaucho, Sohalia, Zenobia] - by Sohalia - 12-07-2013, 06:53 PM