the Rift

[OPEN] living for today;

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!
MONSTERS
I was so unsure, I let life ruin me.

Life pushes onward, even as we try our best to drag our feet and slow its pace. Inevitably, we end up marching forth, either in time or stumbling behind. Osiris, my friends, is stumbling behind.

Born out of a loving relationship into a world of hatred and deceit, Osiris is a child of hope spurned by reality. Crippling his desire to trust, to love, to expand his horizons. Locked away in a world of self-loathing and shadow, the wolf had a slow start in this life. Receiving help from the wrong sources, giving in to the darker side of life, casting himself in the role of a villain despite the calls from his better judgment. The heart begins to wax shields, protecting itself from the war waging on the inside of its own master. The actions, the words of others form more layers. Walls built, developing an immunity to the feeling of warmth.

As we learn from the great wolf, however, the only thing needed to break through these walls ended up being a tiny dragon, less than a foot in length.

Warmth courses uneasily through the tides of Osiris's body now, rid of the ice of his own heart. The identity forced upon the dark knight fails, the villain shrugged off for the true nature of the beast - a begrudging hero, saving maidens from their own stupidity and the world for years now. However you cast the hybrid, he is hardly the monster he was raised into seeing, that others would see. Not a perfect soul, but certainly not one so far gone beyond repair, though his life has become increasingly more lonely.

Adopting the title of an outcast had been a natural decision for Osiris following the speech from Ophelia marking her resignation. An outcast was a familiar mold for the aging stallion, one who had spent many years in solitude. Still, the great wolf was never truly forced to be alone anymore. Comadre sails overhead, a small shadow marring the perfectly blue sky above. Dancing and weaving about his legs is Mukki, the gangly yet upbeat little wolf always accompanied by Kaya and Pahana. Pahana lazes about in the field, absently biting out at bugs who dare fly too close to his face. Kaya stalks an unsuspecting squirrel not far from the copse of trees near the edge of their world.

And Osiris?
He is simply basking in the delight of a peaceful Tallsun morning. An easy gait of a walk bringing him to stroll about the meadow, worries and cares far from the stallion, even as time marches onward and he continues to fall more and more behind.

@[Rasta]

Messages In This Thread
living for today; - by Osiris - 11-26-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: living for today; - by Rasta - 12-19-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: living for today; - by Osiris - 12-26-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: living for today; - by Rasta - 01-01-2014, 07:53 PM