the Rift

Forget-me-not

Fig Posts: 57
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 5.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 :: 20 HP: 56 | Buff: NOVICE
Beluga :: Common Beluga Leviathan :: Bubble Trap Adoptable

Retiring eyes were reflected the confusion leaking from the watery-blue pools of the alien mare; she was equally unused to such a creature which presented so shamelessly; so naked and ignorant. Her kin were both wise and modest folk who went about their business in gradual procession without the need for flurries of words and hyper activity; certainly they did not ordinarily seek strangers to their midst without solid justification. Fig’s journey was unusual though, and she fronted a mask of flimsy bravery to meet the casual production of this mare- genuine the other did appear, though increasingly bewildered. It had not been the intention of the tree laden filly to reproach the black and white soul; nor to frighten, or to displace the enviable confidence which had ricocheted off each note in her voice.

The downy black filly rocked beneath the weight of her Body-Plant, discomforted, and more so discouraged by the direction of this; her first meeting with the creatures of the brave new world. Above, thin wiry branches swayed and danced in playful oblivion as their defender struggled on. It did not occur to Fig that the mushrooms made reference too could not have belonged- but as she paused to consider more thoroughly on the details given, it occurred that though the fungi had perished, their host had not. Instead of adding mortar to the confusion of realities and concepts dangling before the two, she chose to begin again- the way she had practiced during the long journey from her beloved motherland.

“My name is Fig and I have come a long way from the forests of Prim'sylvia.” She paused then, lifting her soft green gaze to find any form of understanding in the wilted expression of her company. “I have been sent by the elders of my home to find Helovia... The world trailed away with her waning voice then, unwilling to reveal the true nature and purpose of this venture.
... there are creatures who feed upon our body, she remembered with a vicious shudder, and she felt a sudden longing to find the young, defenceless tree which lay somewhere beyond her protection. “No, if harm were to find the tree rooted upon my back, I would surely suffer the same fate.” She smiled hopefully then; the optimistic gesture of peace, and asked with her family Birch and Willow in the back of her mind, “Have you not seen Lignea, my kind before?”

fig
Plots | Absences | Wishlist
Please tag me in openers and spars
Permission for all except death 
(no need to ask)

Messages In This Thread
Forget-me-not - by Fig - 12-20-2013, 12:30 AM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Kahlua - 12-20-2013, 12:58 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Fig - 12-22-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Kahlua - 12-23-2013, 05:18 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Fig - 12-28-2013, 10:22 PM
RE: Forget-me-not - by Kahlua - 12-30-2013, 11:12 PM