the Rift

[OPEN] Wet Dog

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Here we go again.

I wandered the darkness—since that what happened to the world. It was nothing but this desert thing, except there was still trees ‘n shit, but there was no life so it didn’t matter. Nothing really breathing and thriving under the thick, black clouds that suffocated everything underneath. And the things that did stir were gross, unhealthy, unholy things, like the type the Jiji-thing had been; maybe one time they were these really swell earthly creatures like birds ‘n….rocks or whatever the hell, but not now, not now. Now they just sucked and I had to battle them, the ones that wanted to eat me, because along with the suffocation and the disease and the dark, dark, dark, everything was hungry.

Was I hungry? Well yeah, I guess, in the physical sense. I mean, I didn’t really want to try all the black, rotten grass that lay around like some twisted, stank-ass carpet from the lounge of hell, and I was certainly in motion most of the time. I zapped here; I smote something with LIGHTNING there. The thrill never left me, and even though I was steadily becoming more proficient with my THUNDA BOLTS and using them pretty much all the freaking time like a child with a new toy (because that’s pretty much what it was), the excitement never left my veins. Which I guess was a good thing, because otherwise I would’ve pretty fucked in terms of morale. Because, frankly, I didn’t have any.

I was dirty and scratched up and haggard and I probably smelled like a rutting boar in springtime, covered in all sorts of black mud and crusty mud and really-really gross swamp-mud. Things were stuck in my mane—spiny things and gloopy things and maybe a crawly thing here or there. But other than my looks, there was also my mental state, which was probably as haggard as I appeared. I’m tired of saying over and over again that I don’t know what I’m doing half the time—but there it is. I don’t know what I’m doing half to the time, and I certainly didn’t have any clue what I was doing right then. But there was a twist to it now; instead of agonizing over my cluelessness, I didn’t even give a fuck, y’know? I just…I mean, there was no time to, because Jiji needed help, and I didn’t know what to do, and the answer was somewhere out there and standing around crying and feeling sorry for myself and the world I couldn’t save. It was time to move, so I moved.

Now’s a good time, Dad, I thought mockingly, climbing over a rocky hill and looking down into—who would’ve guessed—an endless plain of black miasma. I never asked my Dad for help before—maybe I yelled at him a few times—but I figure if he has something to say, he’ll ball up and day it. Whatever. I’m done waiting on something to happen; I’m done waiting for answers.

It’s time to move—so I’m moving.

[@[Mauja] --SORRY for tagging you twice! In case you wanted to throw Maumau in here! Otherwise, open. Location: Just north of the Heart, headed southward.]
Roskuld</style>

Messages In This Thread
Wet Dog - by Roskuld - 02-23-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Wet Dog - by Mauja - 02-25-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Wet Dog - by Roskuld - 03-01-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Wet Dog - by Oxy - 03-02-2014, 04:03 AM
RE: Wet Dog - by Mauja - 03-02-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: Wet Dog - by Roskuld - 03-19-2014, 10:52 AM