the Rift

[OPEN] Wet Dog

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

Okay so—I’m pretty sure y’all got a pretty good mental picture of the “scenery” ‘n crap, right? It’s all black, and I’m not exaggerating—whether it was the darkness casting all kinds of deep and creepy shadows over everything, or the sickness and stink of all these rotten things laying around, lifeless and desperate, it was just this huge vista of dark. Could I see well in it? I dunno—I mean, I looked around ‘n stuff and I guess I could see where I was walking at least, and whether or not it was because of the sparkity-mc-spark-spark of my raging, magical blood, I couldn’t say.

I…think what I’m trying to say was that I didn’t know exactly what I was looking at when I saw this white thing kind of smeared against the black face of everything. I stopped moving for a second, my head held high and my eyes alert as I watched this thing amble across the plain of dead things. Thing is, just as I had put all my focus on the thing, it decided to stop moving and it became that much more of a blob. Jeez. I couldn’t catch a break in this place—the wasteland didn’t just yield to whatever the hell you felt like doing. If you wanted to look at something, you took your ass over there and looked at it, even if that shit was hungry enough to try and eat you. Tough luck. Caution didn’t exist here, and I guess I was okay with that, seeing as me and caution weren’t really best buds to begin with.

So I zap! my ass over in that direction like the incautious jerk I was, coming a little closer to the white blob without actually overtaking it. Them. I could see now that this wasn’t just a blob, that this was a horsekind of standing there awkwardly in the darkness, a really really white horse that almost seemed to glow in the din. My breath hitched; for a split second, I didn’t know what to do. The only things I had seen in this wasteland were—well, things. Just that. Sick things and growly things and maybe a few horses that weren’t actually horses but things, things sent here to be angry and hissy and smelly and starving for horseflesh. I couldn’t tell if this white horse was another thing--I was still too far away to see any real detail—or if it was someone, maybe who was lost, maybe who was ambling around looking for an answer like I was.

Ma…? I wondered—it was a homesick and desperate idea, one that put a sour, lonely taste in my mouth, but I hadn’t seen Ma since before all of this broke out. It hurt to think of Ma, just like it hurt to think of Jiji, except this pain was a little more fear than worry. I don’t know—somewhere along the way, something inside of me began to be afraid of Ma and I don’t know why.
Still holding my breath, I zap!ed a little closer amid a furious thunderclap to whatever doom my subconscious had designed for me, since, y’know, I was incautious.

“….OH,” I exclaimed, my vision settling as I left the spark-sparkity-time-stream, close enough to the white blobhorse to really see who it was. “It’s you! And by “you”, I meant it was that one huge white guy that I had spent a rather memorable night with. Y’know that one time with the huge, slobbering monster of an oath and the other guy who helped me run away when I tried to fight the roiling darkness and, y’know, was kind of comforting in a way that I didn’t understand but I guess it didn’t really matter because I didn’t even know his name? That guy? Well, that guy was this guy. I was close enough to see the black smudges on his coat that immediately dashed the possibility of him being my Ma (y’know, other than the penis) and his super-super blue eyes, bright enough to shine a little in the darkness.

The longer I looked, though, the more different he seemed. And by “different” I mean really really jacked up. He smelled—but we all smelled in the wasteland. His was just a little bit more gross, in a spoiled way, like he was rotting—but he wasn’t a thing, because if he was, he would’ve been chasing me by now. Wasteland jerks didn’t wait for you to come to them—they were too hungry. “….What’s up with you? I demanded, leaning on one of my back hooves as I assessed him critically. Yeah, I’ll admit, everything I had said to him up to this point had been really loud, and really rude, but I couldn’t help it; I was too happy to see another person. So, naturally, I had to be a dick.

Roskuld</style>

Messages In This Thread
Wet Dog - by Roskuld - 02-23-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Wet Dog - by Mauja - 02-25-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Wet Dog - by Roskuld - 03-01-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Wet Dog - by Oxy - 03-02-2014, 04:03 AM
RE: Wet Dog - by Mauja - 03-02-2014, 10:35 AM
RE: Wet Dog - by Roskuld - 03-19-2014, 10:52 AM