the Rift

[OPEN] Expect the unexpected! [Pet discovery; OPEN]

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
It is fascinating, really, what this stallion is doing. Of course, poor Nasreen has no idea what that might be, but he holds her attention nevertheless. A sudden movement draws the faintest of gasps from her lips—he has plunged his horn into the river, and she leans forward, entranced. What is he trying to do? Break the ice? The ice isn’t that thick though, she remembers. She is surprised that even he is able to stand on it without falling in.

Whatever he is trying to achieve, it looks as if it hasn’t succeeded. He begins to turn (to leave, perhaps?) when he spots her. Before she has a chance to say anything, or even to clear her throat awkwardly, his eyes narrow, and she shrinks back, embarrassed. He doesn’t seem in the mood to talk, but she supposes that she can’t blame him. Nasreen has just realized that it might have been rude to watch him like she did. She’s about to squeak an apology and continue on her way, when he surprises her and speaks.

“Uh…I uh…need…to. Catch a fish?” Nasreen tilts her head. Huh. That was pretty smart of him; she was surprised it hadn’t worked, and she told him so. “I never would have thought of that,” she muses, venturing a little closer. “Of course,” she laughs, “it’s not like I could have done that anyway…no horn, right?” Nasreen scans his face, trying to tell if he thinks she’s as awkward as she sounds to herself right now, trying to force conversation. Really though, she merely wants to know what he’s doing. Curiosity wins out, and she presses on. “What do you need to catch a fish for? Oh—I’m Nasreen, by the way. Sorry for sneaking up on you—I didn’t mean to startle you, I just had never seen anybody do that before.”
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
Expect the unexpected! [Pet discovery; OPEN] - by Otz - 03-05-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Expect the unexpected! [Pet discovery; OPEN] - by Otz - 03-07-2014, 06:48 PM
RE: Expect the unexpected! [Pet discovery; OPEN] - by Nasreen - 03-07-2014, 10:23 PM