the Rift

No, of course I am not cranky.

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Loretta watched with wild, fiery amber eyes as the hellhound responded to her. Her chest burned with a flame of victory for causing a reaction in the jet black pup. Her wrinkled features were quivering some, but he waited, for Archibald's command. Above her, the black stallion listened to the unicorn speak. The warlord's golden eyes narrowed some at the motions of expressions of the bronze-painted man before him--something about the way he moved his head and smiled at him made his mind fizzle with memory. Mandrake had her moments where madness seeped through--and so, too, did Wilder. The memories caused the soldier to grimace darkly. He snorted, despite the grimace, regarding Ulrik's response to his question in a dismissing manner. Archibald, though respectful of the Earth God for the gifts he generously gave, was not one to bend knee and worship the gods. The gods were nothing to him except what he had seen of their actions. The kingly stallion's ears tilted some with disinterest in the answer, though his attention did not buckle from Ulrik and his movements. The look of craze was all but too familiar in Archibald's eyes, having dealt with creatures of the like in his time.

It was the next set of words, however, that sparked Archibald's real attention, and his ears pinned back against his dark mane. Sun colored eyes closed in on the hellhound for a mere second before snapping back up to Ulrik's. The hound was feeding off of Loretta's aggression, and now Ulrik was. Scowling, though not disappointed, the beast tucked his chin some to protect his neck. He would not back down from this challenge. Instead, he decided he would have fun in this tournament of sword. The muscles in his shoulders tensed for a moment, the wheels turning in his mind, a labyrinth of battle tactic. "So be it." Have no mercy. Destroy them. He snorted again. Archibald shot the bitch below him an image of the hellhound laying dead on the snow, and she responded.

Her haunches bunched under her and her shoulders coiled. Snarling, a thick and sickening snarl, she launched her body towards the hound. As she did, Archibald launched himself forward towards Ulrik. As his behemoth, steel shod hooves smacked into the snow, and beneath it to the hard ground, Archibald willed the earth to shake. Tremors shot out towards the water, the earth quivering in submission of the Dauntless. The snow was upset, and Archibald knew this was going to be a slippery battle. His knew weapons did not help either, the smooth steel slided dangerously over the slick snow. He knew he would have to be careful in how he planted his hooves, especially with the earth trembling at his touch. His intent was the thwart the bronze and black stallion and cause him to move with nothing more than desultory surprise. Archibald was familiar with using his magic to take another off guard, as he had done so in the Qian invasion and in his battle against Birch. He wondered if this battle would be like it was against Birch, a fiery dance of bloodlust and rage. Already, Archibald began to feed off of his companion's natural rage. She was a furnace of emotion, and with the smug actions of the pair before them, she was boiling with white hot expression.

As Archibald thundered towards Ulrik on his left side, hoping to close the distance between the two, his pale muzzle shot out, jaws opened and snapping quickly, aimed to hopefully land a sharp bite on Ulrik's back, just behind his wither. The Dauntless rolled his front feet high, extending far in an attempt to slam his steel-clad weapons on the fragile cannon bone of Ulrik's right front limb. As Loretta darted towards Kirchoff she sent her time-magic flying, hoping to drown the boy in his puphood, and launched herself head on to him, hoping she was successful in locking him for half a minute in ignorant infancy to gain the upper hand. Her shoulders pushed up to protect her vital throat, ears pinned back to protect from nicks and tears. Still snarling, the bitch swerved to the right side just slightly and pushed forward hard, hoping to slam her left shoulder into the cur's chest. Her trap-like jaws swung to the left, hoping to shut on his scruff. Every fiber in her body pushed her by instinct, desiring to make this boy before her whine and yelp, to roll over in defeat. Archibald collected his hind legs underneath him and pivoted, hoping to end up perpendicular to Ulrik, facing his left shoulder. With a harsh grunt, the Dauntless moved his overbearing mass forward, knees pulling up towards his chest, as he attempted to ram into Ulrik's leftside ribcage.

[WC: 799 | PC: 1/3 | Def: 0/1 | Magic restrictions: Tremor, 1/2; Bone; 0/--; Companion: 1/-- || Magic used: [Magic: Earth (U) | can create earth tremors with a stomp of the hooves that imbalances and disorients the opponent]
[Restrictions | Can only be used twice in battle, with the tremors lasting up to a full post; the tremors are strong and should cause severe disorientation]]

Archibald the Dauntless    
a lionhearted king among warriors

DRAWING BY AEOLLE

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 03-17-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Archibald - 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM