the Rift

No, of course I am not cranky.

Ulrik the Engineer Posts: 235
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 11 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kirchoff :: Common Hellhound :: Superspeed Tamme
ULRIK & KIRCHOFF
Each point in space (and time) is associated with a vector that determines what force a moving charge would experience.

Ulrik mused that talking to this hairy beast was like talking to a rock. Only a snort met his theories about the beautiful, stone structure, and he had to assume that it was because this poor, uneducated creature did not possess the burning desire to learn. Maybe he was a dumb child? A war brute without thought? He had come from a band of those, and he was not interested in going back. All of his machinations and grandiose thoughts had been mocked but his old family, so Ulrik challenged the brute and finally he got a reaction. Like a boy prodding an anthill with a stick, the Engineer wanted to elicit some sort of response.

Words! The beast used words! Even if only three, single syllables moved from his opponents throat, they were the common tongue. So, the behemoth could speak after all - maybe just only in single syllables though...

Kirchoff watched as the dog lunged at him, and the hellhound stiffened. "Wha-th-fuck, Ulrik?" He yelled in his bonded's head. Why had he been pulled into this? Large paws in the snow back-tracked away from her as she lunged, jumping narrowly out of the way and glaring her down with his silver eyes. Never before had he tapped into the darkness that boiled beneath the surface, the reservoir of hate that was a result of the hell from whence he had come. But now? He was angry. He was angry at Ulrik and this bitch. Silver eyes began to glow and what looked like gray smoke wafted from his face, and he curled his lips from his white fangs.

Ulrik watched the stallion approach, and he shifted just before the Earth began to shake and rattle. Cloven hooves found purchase on the ground beneath the snow, purchase his opponent seemed to not have. Blinking through the vertigo, he stumbled up the steps of the rotunda, the stone slab providing a slightly more stable foundation on which to gather his wits again. The Engineer blinked roughly, shaking his head and mane as he tried to stomach the nausea. As he tried to regain his composure, the thundering clomps of the fat beast's approach filly his ears, and the Engineer sourly accepted his fate. A slight shift in movement saved him from being bitten in the sensitive nerve cluster behind his shoulder, but Archibald's teeth did manage to grasp on his hip.

Skin pinched and puckered, and the stallion growled, lifting his hind quarters from the stone floor and flashing them out to the side, hoping to catch Archibald in the chest or side while he was close enough to land the bite. Simple movement mechanics made the Engineer's leg out of reach when the metal clad hooves of his opponent lashed out, and absently, he wondered if the stallion would go skating across the surface with all the grace of an elephant on a frozen lake. "Careful, Kirchoff," Ulrik warned in his mind, bronze eyes now clear as he watched the large stallion turn to face his side.

Even though Ulrik was muscular and large, he was not quite so large as the tall and massive beast he was fighting. With cloven hooves and a long, ballast of a tail on his side, the Engineer only had to focus carefully on dodging. A sidestep helped him avoid the brunt of Archibald's telegraphed run, shifting his hips to the right. Simultaneously, he turned his head to the side, hoping that his opponent would not be able to course-correct fast enough to avoid the two horns that aimed to pierce along his side. What he did not expect then was to feel pain, and he grunted, feeling phantom puncture wounds on his neck. Kirchoff....

Kirchoff had never fought before, and even though he felt the blackened rage of hell pump through his veins, was novice. The hellhound felt something grip him, reverting him back to a pup, and he responded by using his own power, launching forward. Though, the combination of magic seemed to do nothing but land him exactly in the same timestream, and her teeth found the thick hair of his wolf-like scruff which her shoulder collided with his own. Kirchoff yelped and scrambled to his paws, using his long, wolf's snout to reach around and try to grab her himself. He growled deep and low in his chest, wanting blood and death now. The hellhound managed to escape her grasp and then lunged, using the length of his legs and mythical power to leap forward, leaving only a trail of silver in his wake as he seemingly disappeared. Kirchoff aimed to catch her off guard and wind his jaws around her spine, and he would try to use his fangs to crush the spinal cord.

[[[(1/3) (799 words)
- Ulrik was bitten by Archibald on the hip, but he kicks out, trying to catch Archibald
- legs escape attack from simple movement
- jumps to the side as Archibald runs at him, but uses his horns to try to catch Archi on side as he is running
- Kirchoff is bitten hard on his neck, but he uses his power to try to biter her spine and catch her off guard
]]]

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 03-17-2014, 11:57 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Archibald - 04-06-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Archibald - 04-12-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 05-09-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Archibald - 05-28-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Ulrik - 06-27-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Official - 07-29-2014, 04:01 PM
RE: No, of course I am not cranky. - by Sevin - 09-07-2014, 02:08 PM