the Rift

[PRIVATE] young volcanoes [Destry, Egg discovery]

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Azarel
if love is what you need, a soldier I will be
After the meeting with who apparently had been the Goddess of the Moon, I was on my way home, tired but with hope in my heart. The memory of Abishia lingered in the back of my head, making me smile. Her innocence, that still was there even after all that had happened, had made me forget about my visible and invisible scars and wounds. But her pushy personality had made me wonder if we really were just friends anymore. As I dragged my dark hooves through the snow, I parted my lips and quietly started to sing. "When Rome's in ruins, we are the lions free of the coliseums." I closed my eyes, slowed down and rose my head high, taking a deep breath before I continued. "In poison places, we are anti-venom, we're the beginning of the end." I felt the feelings inside of my build up the fire, my inner flames, and took off into a sudden gallop. My hooves raged through the snow while I sang, louder and louder. "Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds, and it's all over now before it has begun, we've already won."

As I got closer to the Hidden Falls Meadow, I slowed down and my voice got lower again, still speaking with the melody of my fiery heart. "We are wild, we are like young volcanoes, we are wild, Heloviana, exotica - do you wanna feel a little beautiful baby?" God, it felt good to sing. Why hadn't I done this before? I sighed and stopped, raising my head to look over the tiny Meadow. I was home again. And.. There was something over there. On the ground. With a raised 'brow, I slowly walked toward it and observed it while I was walking closer and closer to the oval thing. It was an orange egg, decorated with golden swirls all over it. With a low voice, I started singing again as I came closer to it. "Come on make it easy, say I never mattered, run it up the tree trunk.. We will teach you how to make boys next door out of assholes." I smiled and lowered my head to the ground, nudging the egg slightly. It didn't move, it just was there. 'Maybe I should take it?'

I nudged the egg some more before I lied down next to it, looking at it. A smile lurked on my pale lips as I thought about the song I had singed. Singing was a great stress relief apparently, because I felt much better now. Calmer, somehow. "Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds, and it's all over now before it has begun." I whispered, smiling a bit wider.
Happier than before, I rose my head high and called out, my voice clinging to the trees around me. "Destry! Where are you?" All I needed now was my sister. She needed to see this.

"Talking."

ooc: Azarel found the egg! :D Also, the song he sang was an edited version of "Young Volcanoes" by Fall Out Boy ;D
wordcount: 481
tags: @[Destry]

Messages In This Thread
young volcanoes [Destry, Egg discovery] - by Azarel - 04-01-2014, 03:24 AM