the Rift

[PRIVATE] No Shirt, No Blouse

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru

With no bond forged between her soul and another creature's, it was hard for the damsel to comprehend the relationship between Odette and her master. Gazing upon the two, they were a wonderfully attractive pair, and she was endeared by the pale pup that had taken her by surprise not long ago. The Corporal could not share his thoughts in any way eloquent enough to force comprehension upon her, for no words could be strung together to explain the magic of a bond so foreign and distant to her. No matter how she'd tried, that gift had eluded her, and while she did not intend to give up any time soon, she envied their closeness. But the fondness for her was clear in his features, whether he was intentionally displaying his emotions or not, and her own visage turned far more sincere to match the tone of her words. "I am sure you will both weather whatever you may encounter, whether from each other or otherwise. You have a good head, Deodat, from what little I've seen of it." A smile tilted her lips. "Though I may be biased, seeing as we agree on so much." Hopefully, in the best of circumstances, he would accept the compliment for what it was and not judge her for potentially presumptuous words.

All the time in the world was offered for that to take place, as the two unicorns pondered over possibilities they wished were real. Heads on pikes and foes slain at their hooves. Hotaru thirsted for the day when she would have the power to prove that beauty meant nothing in the face of power and political advantage. She alone would prove to her family that she did not need to flaunt her body to achieve greatness, but if she wanted to then she damn well would. Her life would simply not be based entirely on it. It was her goal to be brilliant, to shine brighter than any other but hold within the power of a thousand suns that could burn down any fool who tried to oppose her.

Deep laughter swiveled her harks towards the stallion once more, falling back into the natural ebb and flow of the conversation she was coming to sincerely enjoy. Though her encounter with d'Artagnan had been brief, she'd quickly admired him, and desired to see him once again. Perhaps even as the kin she had sought to be when they'd first met. "I'm glad to have bumped into you, then, for I'm quite enjoying your fairer conversational abilities," she chuckled, giving a wink and a smirk to her companion. The day was turning out rather well, far better than she had been expecting initially. Company, it seemed, had chased whatever blues had lingered in the caverns of her bodice. What was left was a warm feathery feeling, blocking the discomfort of heat prickling at her skin, instead letting her enjoy herself in the company of a male aside from Tingal for the first time in a long while.

Compliments were few and very far between in Hotaru's life, and while their flirtatious banter was more playful than sincere appraisal of qualities, it still tilted her cheek in a touched manner. Nearly shy, but more humbled. "That's good news for me, then. Seems this harsh world will simply have to be conquered, I don't intend to restrain myself." Beneath her playful rebuttal, there was a whisper of genuine gratitude, for hearing the words, in whatever manner he had meant them, had done wonders in lifting what little of her spirit was left in the nadir of her body. How her mother and twin could indulge so plainly in a shower of compliments was beyond her, for every individual one she received was met with humble, overwhelming appreciation. They were precious to her, and she carried them with her like stars, appearing only when she needed them to most light her way.

It was disappointing, mildly, to hear Deodat had not encountered either of her godparents, though Faelene's and Mauja's names were at least recognized. Toying hesitantly with words still unspoken, she debated whether it was right to introduce such a question at that time. Well, what could she lose? "Perhaps I will discover her personally. If you think I would be as fitting beneath you as your cousin did?" It is both intentionally vaguely sexual and a sincere inquiry, and the mischief glittering in heterochromatic eyes made it quite clear that she intended it as such.

"Though I'm no beggar, I hope I'm at least suitable company." At least she did not consider herself a princess or a queen, like her sibling and dam. That was a win in her book. She'd be the scullery maid any day if it meant not being a cold-hearted royal with an upturned nose. Though it seemed even the scullery maid could attract the attention of a dashing prince, if Deodat's offer was to be taken seriously. One she intended to treat as such. Brow arched elegantly, smoothly moving a little closer to the fellow with a devious, intrigued smile. "Oh? Well I would simply hate to see you frostbitten. I suppose there's no choice," she sighed softly, the glint of her eyes sign to him that she was clearly going along with his proposal. Tail flared and curled round her ankle, neck arching subtly, enticing him should he take the bait. Maybe the scullery maid and the dashing prince could have a one night rendezvous, show the royals just what they were missing.

Image Credit
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
No Shirt, No Blouse - by Déodat - 05-01-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Hotaru - 05-12-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Déodat - 05-14-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Hotaru - 05-20-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Déodat - 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Hotaru - 05-26-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Déodat - 05-27-2014, 03:09 AM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Hotaru - 06-03-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Déodat - 06-05-2014, 01:28 AM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Hotaru - 06-22-2014, 01:32 AM