the Rift

[PRIVATE] No Shirt, No Blouse

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Déodat smiled and glanced again at the white pup trailing alongside him. Yes, the bond they forged would endure even the most foulest of storms. One didn’t share their very essence with another and not have an unbreakable bond. Odette had been a spontaneous find, and he had come to believe it divine that he seemingly found her orb within those dreaded caves. At her next comment of their shared views he smiled. Briefly he pondered if the mare shared his thoughts on the races of Helovia, but he chose not to dwell on it for too long. Mutual beliefs in supremacy weren’t necessary in a potential bond, as long as their equality didn’t interfere with his purification.

Such a joyous mood was rare for him these days. For the first time in ages he was reflecting the image of his former self. If any from his past gazed upon him they would see the young captain; the captain who hadn’t been battered and broken by the repetition of failure and heart break. If he could gaze at himself from beyond his own body and mind it perhaps would’ve brought him back to the lighter days of his youth. His mind wasn’t on the past though, it was on the present.

“Are we now?” Déodat said, his tone teasing. “I suppose I may not be quite as much of an asshole as my darling cousin.” He knew that if d’Art were anywhere nearby he would’ve had his own bit to throw into the mix, but the Nightshade wasn’t present and he thanked the gods for that.

Hotaru received his compliment well it seemed, he never knew what to expect with mares or how they would perceive him. Once again he smiled at her comment, and he found that simple comment made him appreciate Hotaru all the more. “That is the only way to do it. Crush the world before it can crush you.” There was still humor in his tone, but, there were the slightest undertones of seriousness and he meant every syllable of the simple sentence.

Her next words took him slightly off guard, and he pondered for a moment the potential of innuendo. “I think you most definitely would fit well. The Basin would be lucky to have you amongst it’s ranks.”

The mare continued on and if he were in his typical gruff mood he might’ve rolled his eyes. Déodat wasn’t one to linger with company that wasn’t worth being around. “If you weren’t suitable company, I’d have left long ago.” That was the simple truth. Flattery and falsehoods weren’t the type of games he played. He was straight to the point and relatively honest. If he hadn’t liked Hotaru, the mare would’ve known.

Her next words brought a sly smirk upon his face as she seemed to invite him. “Yes, simply no choice. You look rather cold, shall I, keep you warm?” He winked at her. ”Odette, I think there is a squirrel simply dying to meet you over there.” He said to his bonded. The pup stared at the pair of them for a moment before toddling off to give her master time alone with his companion.

"Speech speech speech"
@[Hotaru]
[Fade to black]

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Messages In This Thread
No Shirt, No Blouse - by Déodat - 05-01-2014, 05:05 PM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Hotaru - 05-12-2014, 10:01 PM
RE: No Shirt, No Blouse - by Déodat - 05-14-2014, 03:41 AM