the Rift

Wayward Traveller

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
Contemplatively the young grulla slowly tipped an ear back, hearing how much and yet how little the Edge had changed in their absence. Kaj still a leader, and Mirage replaced by this... Kahlua. Kimber hadn't a clue who the mare might be, but couldn't find it within herself to be curious. Which was... odd. Shouldn't she care? Hadn't she turned to the Edge for a home when the Foothills had been lost to her?

Seeking deep inside herself for the truth, she could only glance up wonderingly at Aaron as he spoke again, gently pointing out something she hadn't really allowed herself to contemplate. To not return to the Edge... why had she really gone in the first place? She remembered why she'd stayed in the Foothills. Because of Ricochet, and because of Jackal. Her brother, and her nephew. And where were they? Gone, driven before her from the Foothills, disappeared into the wilderness. Were either of them still alive? Did she have neices or nephews or great-neices and nephews that she didn't know about? And even if she did, were any of them alive for her to discover eventually? Even as she wondered about this, she didn't feel any curiosity about it either.

Which left... why she'd gone to the Edge. In truth? It had been because of Smoke, of knowing that her dam had chosen to ally herself with Mirage in the time before the Qian had invaded the home of the unicorns and win it for themselves. An assumption that she'd find Smoke, and Israfel, there. Now that was someone she hadn't thought of in a while either! What had happened to her little sister? And then she remembered. Aaron, there in the meadow, playing in the river during the first step in her quest.

"I... don't know." She whispered, feeling just a little bit confused with herself. "I don't know where I should go, except to finish my quest, yes. And..." For the first time in her life, Kimber knew what it was like to feel a little shy. "To be with you." She shuffled her hooves, smiling in a somewhat bewildered fashion. To have this much support in something she wanted to do... Yes, Kaiden always supported her. But to find this quality of support in Aaron still took her aback.

"I want to go south, to the Throat's lake. There are creatures of that desert that I would like to capture the essence of. And then... I don't know." Kaiden was there, taking the cue from Alanna to break from play. He padded over to weave around his bonded's legs, lavender eyes agleam when he noticed his gestures mirrored by the watery fox her magic normally took the shape of. It had briefly fallen apart, in the heat of emotions and revelations, but now tracked a damp path against fetlocks and grass.

Messages In This Thread
Wayward Traveller - by Kimber - 05-10-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Aaron - 05-10-2014, 10:54 PM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Kimber - 05-10-2014, 11:09 PM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Aaron - 05-10-2014, 11:40 PM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Kimber - 05-11-2014, 12:01 AM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Aaron - 05-11-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Kimber - 05-11-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Aaron - 05-11-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Kimber - 05-11-2014, 01:30 AM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Aaron - 05-11-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Wayward Traveller - by Kimber - 05-11-2014, 02:28 AM