the Rift

[OPEN] Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Somedays, the half-child watches his mother and he can almost feel her sorrows and pains. He does not yet understand them, does not yet understand what it means to have troubles beyond when his next meal will be or where his family is, but he is intuitive nevertheless. If he had the capacity to consider what bothers her beyond his very childish notions, he might worry more. After all, he loves her to the moon and back- she is the greatest presence in his life- and he does not want her to feel pain. Someday he might ask her what troubles her, but for now he is content to try and make her smile with his childish antics, when he can.

As his mother gathers up Keiran, who has played babysitter for him too many times to count, the child eagerly rises from the ground to follow. For now, where his food goes- he goes. Bouncing after her gaily, the child looks curiously all about them as they walk. He has been out of the Falls before once, to go to the Heavenly Fields, but he has never been to this forest before and he is curious about everything that he can see. Why do some trees hurt with their pointy needles while others caress with their silken leaves? Why do some have rough back, some smooth; some white, some brown; some tall, some short; some fat, some skinny? Everything he looks at makes him curious and, while he tries to refrain from pestering his darling mother with questions, he almost cannot contain himself and is about to burst forth with a relentless series of 'why?'s. But he is stopped from being a pest when his mother suddenly moves off purposefully through the woods.

The child follows her, of course! He wants to see what she is seeing, know what she is knowing, and so he goes with her until they arrive in the presence of one short, tired looking stallion who is leaning against a tree. And there, upon his limb, is another question awaiting an answer- an answer that he must have. He cranes his neck forward as he speaks, trying to get closer to it without moving away from his mother's side. “What is that!?” he cries excitedly, but suddenly he withdraws his neck and looks to his mother with sad eyes. He has forgotten himself, spoken when it was not his turn, barged forward without halting to introduce himself as is proper. Will she be upset with him? She has always been so kind, but sometimes he can't help but wonder if the sad feelings he thinks she has are because of him. Does he disappoint her? He hopes he has not disappointed her now, but just in case he has, he decides he should right what wrong he had committed. “Sorry, mister. I'm Adelric,” and he tried to nod his head politely before slinking back to his mother's side. Still, curiosity got the best of him, and in a moment or two he was sneaking his head around her shoulder again, trying to peer at the leather wrap on the stallion's limb.
Adelric
Brush Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 06-06-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Kiara - 06-10-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Adelric - 06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 06-20-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Kiara - 07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Adelric - 07-04-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 07-08-2014, 10:44 AM