the Rift

[OPEN] Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

An ear flickers as it tunes in to something just ahead of me, and as unfamiliar as I was with these woods, I straightened where I stood and turned my head ever so slightly so that I may have a better view. For a moment I saw nothing, only heard someone or something approaching, but just as my heart began to beat against my chest like a drum and will me to turn and get away, another equine appeared. Relief washed over me, especially when I noticed that this spotted stranger was no lumbering giant like the rest I had met so far; we were the same size!

Excitement sparked in my warm brown eyes and I took a step closer, regretting the action almost immediately and surely making a fool of myself as I hissed and lifted the injured leg up off the ground. "Aaah..." I breathed out as the appendage stung and throbbed in protest of any further movement. Carefully lowering it back down so as the tip of the hoof was only barely touching the ground, I looked back to the mare as she introduced herself as Kiara, medic of a place I've never heard of. At her side is a still smaller, younger version of herself, except this one sports a horn and exclaims as to what the contraption is around my leg.

A smile slowly pulls across my face; oh, how I adore children.

The spectacle set before me of the colt drawing back and looking to his mother in a worrisome fashion is heart-warming, and he quickly rights his maybe-wrong and introduces himself as Adelric. "And I am Finn," I say in reply with head dipping down briefly in a sort of bow, remembering this time to actually introduce myself before parting ways with my company like when I had met Midas way back when. My eyes shift to Kiara then, that smile slipping only slightly as I speak next. "I do suppose I could use a spot of help... I made an act of sheer folly falling into this hole some time ago, that led into this rather strange cave. Cut myself up pretty bad."

Then, I look to Adelric, my smile quirking back to life as I could finally address the young lad's question. "So I made this," I say, tucking my chin to motion at the splint encasing my swollen left front leg, "'Tis a boot that's supposed to brace and strengthen the leg. On most days, it works pretty well, but... Only when I've not walked far." And by God had I been walking far lately.

My eyes shift back once again to Kiara, thankful that I can look upon her without tilting my head completely back and gazing at her neck more than anything. "You said you're a medic, aye, Kiara? Do you think you could take a gander at it? Perhaps I could repay you and little Adelric."

"talk"
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Messages In This Thread
Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 06-06-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Kiara - 06-10-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Adelric - 06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 06-20-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Kiara - 07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Adelric - 07-04-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 07-08-2014, 10:44 AM