the Rift

[OPEN] Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes

Finn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Where I had come from, magic was a rare thing indeed, and those who did have it were often gifted with the art of craft, much like I had been. Oh, sure, we had healers, but everything had been based off the healing properties of herbs rather than magic. The concept was difficult to grasp; how did it work? Was it permanent? What all exactly could it fix? Everything?

Within a few moments, I was given at least one of my answers as the spotted mare allowed her eyes to fall shut, looking as though she was trying to focus. I remained quiet, not wanting to break her concentration, and watched with wonder and amazement as vines and water sprung from beneath my left front leg, wrapping around and constricting it. Instinct told me to jerk away and high-tail it out of there, but this lass was here to help me, I reminded myself, and I'd not make a complete fool of myself if I could help it, nor make her work even more difficult.

It felt good, I realized, as the magic seeped through the skin, soaking into the scars and seemingly sucking the ache and lasting pain right out of the limb. I exhaled a heavy breath, like a work horse who had just had his load taken from his back, relief flooding through my very core.

Soon, the earthly fingers of her magic faded and let loose of my leg, and it was only when Kiara asked of its well-being that I shook myself from my contented state and looked down to inspect the limb. No longer was it swollen, and though there's still a small scar running down the front of the cannon, it didn't throb, it didn't ache, it didn't hurt. It didn't hurt! "Wow-ee, Kiara!" Comes my exclamation as I drop the leg to the ground, moving it about and stamping the hoof against the ground to assure that it really was alright, and it was. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! How could I ever repay you?" With energy restored, I toss my head up into the air and do a single spin, rear-end popping up in my glee to finally have complete mobility again before facing them once more, a wide grin spread across dark lips. Now, nothing could stop me, at least until another hole found my foot.

Little Adelric looks just as amazed as I, and even he seems not to know how his mother's magic works. The question is one I yearn to know as well, and I look on at the mare with wonder. "Yes," I speak up as Kiara offers a nuzzle to her son, "How does it work, ma'am, if I may ask? I've never seen anything of the sort before. It's... it's absolutely spectacular!"

My eyes fall back upon Adelric then, noting the way that the boy looked at me, shifting his weight where he stood before looking to the black panther standing at a distance, then to the boot discarded just feet away. I can't fathom what exactly the youngster wishes to ask, but it's obvious it's something, perhaps about the boot itself? Only when it's appropriate to do so, not wishing to interrupt Kiara, I drop my head to the ground, press my nose into the boot, and scoot it closer to the colt for him to see. "You may look at it, Ade, I don't mind." I pause as I lift my head, quirking a brow at the young boy and hoping I hadn't managed to upset him, "May I call you that?"

"talk"

@[Kiara]
F I N N
to coax the darkness into light

Messages In This Thread
Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 06-06-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Kiara - 06-10-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Adelric - 06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 06-20-2014, 10:21 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Kiara - 07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Adelric - 07-04-2014, 11:46 PM
RE: Hand Me Down My Walkin' Shoes - by Finn - 07-08-2014, 10:44 AM