the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
Never again did Alysanne want to wake up to the sound of screams, never again did she want to jerk awake and realize she knew that voice. There was no groggy moment, there was no pause in which she tried to determine what was happening. Even in the dark of night, there was not going to be any fumbling around tonight. Instincts kicked in, and the painted mare was moving - Hemlock in his usual spot atop her head. Resplendence. Resplendence was in trouble. Something was happening. Green eyes scanned the trees wildly as she tried to find her - but then she spotted him. The red dragon coming towards her, beckoning her and tugging on her mane. “Valiance! Where is she?!”

There was no jesting between the companions tonight, everyone had their focus centered on one thing and Alysanne would not have tolerated anything else. With all the speed her legs could muster she followed Valiance through the trees until they were there.

It was only a brief moment where Alysanne noted that there was nothing physically happening to her, but that did not cause her to hesitate. Whatever was happening, it was just as real as if it had been a physical attack. It was real to Resplendence and that was what mattered - whether it was a nightmare or something else, it was not something to turn away from. A quick skid and she was stopped, standing before her fellow Moon Doctor as she cowered in the trees. “Resplendence!!” She tried calling out to her, tried to give her something to focus on. Anything but where her mind was. There was no doubt in her mind that the screams would have roused the others, that there would be friendly and concerned faces showing up here to care for the Moon Doctor as she had cared for so many of them. There was no way for her to know what had been dreamed, what was being seen, but those screams echoed around her mind - that terrified look in her friend’s eyes told her it was not anything good. Again that soft voice as another cautious step was taken - wanting so much to dash forward and wrap her wings around her, to protect Resplendence from everything that was happening to her, but caution held her back.

Hemlock had no such caution - there were few he would actively go towards, fewer still that it wouldn’t be with a mind to attack, but he flew towards her now on his fledgling wings. Hooting soft tones as he landed in the trees right near her, his fluffy self just on eye level.

There was undoubtedly someone else she would prefer to hold her, and Alysanne knew that distance was sometimes best. But she was not going to leave, nothing would uproot her from this spot until she - they - found a way to bring Resplendence back. Soft voice rose again and gentle eyes never leave her friend’s face. “Sweetie it’s okay, we’re here. It’s going to be okay.”
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

permission for mention of Valiance <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM