the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

No longer does the dark bring comfort as it once did. It's when the sun tucks itself beyond the horizon that things seem to happen, be it wraiths emerging to chase us from our homes, an enemy invasion, or the knowledge that the sun just may never rise again. A lover of the Sun, such a thought deeply unsettled me, but I had survived two instances where it had abandoned us before only to rise months later.

The thought had come to me as I laid near a small fire stoked by Suli's flame. For us, it had been a long day of reintroducing ourselves to the tireless task of scouting the borders. As one who had helped prepare the land for it, it was troubling to see that the glass wall built up by Kahlua was dilapidated in many places, presenting several weak links where anyone could slip in sight unseen. Having just returned, I wasn't sure why it hadn't been repaired at once, but as it stood, I had a bit of catching up to do on the Edge's current events.
Just as I thought I might attempt to retire for the night and lay my thoughts to rest, a piercing, ear-shattering scream broke the silence of the night. Awakened from her slumber, Suli's head jerked up, violet gaze widening and straining as it adjusted quickly to the night. My own body had grown rigid as the scream met my ears, strong and unyielding as it rang through the night.

Resplendence.

Rising to her feet and shaking the sleep from her head, Suli spread her wings and shoved herself up from the ground and into the air. Wasting no time, I followed suit, and into the night we raced.

When we reached the source of the screaming, I had expected the recently appointed Moon Doctor to be getting chased by some midnight devil, or at least having run into some intruders, which I did think briefly as my eyes landed on the forms of two winged mares I had never seen before. However, they seemed to be trying to comfort the lithe rabicano rather than harm her, and I could only assume they were of the Edge. Exhaling a heavy breath, I stepped forward between the Pegasi while Suli swooped down to land between my ears.

"Resplendence," I spoke up, loud enough to be heard but in no manner was my voice anything but concerned. I was uncertain what unseen thing haunted her and caused her to scream so, huddled back against the trees as she seemed to try and get away from something. The others seemed to stand back and give vocal reassurance that all would be well, but I couldn't find it in myself to simply stand there and wait for the healer to come out of it by herself.

Maybe it was foolish of me to do so, but I pushed past the two winged mares and cautiously stepped closer to Resplendence, speaking as I did so, my voice remaining soft and gentle in hopes that I wouldn't frighten her even more. "Resplendence," I repeated, slowly and carefully closing the distance between ourselves, head lowered so as not to appear overbearing or threatening. It was hard how I might come off to her in her current condition, but I knew not what else to do.

When I stood within a yard or so of her, if she had not turn and ran by now and if she allowed me to do so, I outstretched my muzzle and placed it gently against her shoulder. "Nothing's going to get you," I reassured, "Please, Resplendence, look; we're all here for you."

"Talk."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM