the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

It is his night to patrol, and so as the scene below unfolds, the deposed prince finds himself riding the winds high above, soaring around this cloud and that, watching for any sign of a disturbance. Zarina clings sleepily to his mane, burrowing into the hair that whips around her tiny frame, and her lack of interest lulls him into a false sense of security. He never would have dreamed that the danger lay not outside their borders, but within - indeed, within the mind of his very own lover. His mind is, as usual, fixed on her, and protecting her, and so when the very first scream echoes faintly from below, he thinks that he has surely only imagined it. But then there is a second, and a third; and his locket lets out a hideous burst of searing heat; and his heart turns over in his chest for the only thing that could be the cause is the imminent demise of his darling lady.

Zarina is suddenly very much awake as he drops from the sky with the easy grace of practice, tucking his wings tightly against his bodice in an attempt to drop as quickly as possible. Nearing the treetops, they snap out from his sides to halt his descent and he pumps them to push himself ever faster, faster than he has ever flown in his life. His heart hammers furiously in his chest with fear bordering on panic. What could be so wrong that his locket has burned a perfect heart into his pelt and left a raised welt of pink skin? How could something have gotten in their borders without him seeing? Was he to blame for whatever was attacking his lady? And, gods forbid, what if he is too late? How could he live without her?

There is a small group gathered in her clearing and he falls into their midst gracelessly, stumbling forward on the landing and nearly falling into the rather large expanse that is Destrier. It takes him a moment to get his bearings, but when he does, he finds the familiar shapes of his family in the shadows. He begins to relax, sure that with this gathering, she cannot be harmed, at least not physically. And then he see her, cowering among the trees, hiding in a blind panic, shaking and sobbing as though the world has ended, and his heart breaks for her anew, and he pushes forward with reckless abandon because he must show himself to her, must touch her, must reassure her that whatever new horror haunts her is a figment of her imagination, that he will not allow anything to hurt her again.

But when he finds himself at her side, gently positioning himself so that he is closest to her, he finds himself unable to say all of these things aloud. He stands parallel to her, not quite touching her. He reaches out, trying to brush his muzzle gently across her tear-stained cheek. "Resplendence," he murmurs softly. "It's alright, my love. I'm here." He slowly and carefully extends his wing above her body, trying to give her room to cuddle beneath it as she normally does when upset. He wants to gather her to him, to hold her and reassure her, but he does not want to scare her. Unfortunately for the others gathered, he has eyes only for her, so he ignores their presence for the time being, focusing his entire being on bringing her back to them.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-18-2014, 09:17 PM