the Rift

[OPEN] !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo
Destrier

My attempts, as well as those of the others, are futile. Resplendence cringes as my muzzle caresses her shoulder, and through the touch I can feel her violent shaking. Tears are welling in her eyes, and she pleads for us to make it stop. My mouth pulls back into a thin line as I try and think of what to say; I had known the dun for quite some time now, and though we had gone through a lot together, I still barely knew the mare beyond the fact that she was a healer, far from a fighter, and had a tendency to let emotions get the better of her.

From the skies comes a painted male whom I recognize immediately as Quilyan. Steeling myself should the Pegasus go careening into me, I remain still, knowing well that any sudden movements might send Resplendence wheeling around and running off into the night, screaming like a banshee at the things only she could see. But her legs have tangled in her outrageously long mane, so much so that it's enough to bring her down. She panics, kicking out in a desperate attempt to free herself. The flicker of a red dragon is seen as it descends from the trees and to Resplendence, managing to gather the wild mess of hair which in turn helps the poor mare get back up to her feet.

Then, as Quilyan raises a wing in what's surely an attempt to calm the distressed dun, she darts away and nearly crashes into me, then jerks away and ends up, unintentionally, surrounded by all who have assembled. Suli leaps from her perch and goes for Resplendence, making a daring move and trying to snatch up the healer's tail within her talons and help the crimson out. She keeps as far away from the mare's tail as she can, knowing a swift kick could be devastating if it landed right.

Resplendence speaks as she turns in a maddening circle, insisting that some of us are dead, drowning, that there's fire, and... She eventually turns to me, ear pinned and golden eyes burning through my very soul. In that brief moment, I swear I can feel her pain and fear beginning to seep into me, but it vanishes the moment that she accuses me of killing somebody. Rowan. It's a name that's foreign to my ears, but I shove it quickly from my head; she's accusing the rest of us to be either dead or responsible for burning the family, which presumably, she means the Edge.

I look one with helplessness as the dun crumbles to the ground in a heap, her barrel quaking as sobs escape her throat. The painted, winged mare wastes no time in going to Resplendence's side, joining her upon the ground and like Quilyan, attempting to drape a wing over her. By now, Suli had released the healer's tail and folded her wings at her side. Moving forward, the emerald approaches her head with caution, emitting a low, gentle rumble from her throat to both warn her of her presence and try to soothe her.

Meanwhile, I make myself a fool standing there and watching it all play out before me. What am I to do, who has no idea the terrors that our healer is seeing, who had done nothing but frighten her with my presence? Me, who she accused of being a killer? Drawing in a deep breath, I stand quietly at a fair distance, wanting to do anything but cause Resplendence more distress. I wasn't sure her poor soul could handle an ounce more of it.

"It's me, Resplendence, Destrier; don't you remember? Please, wake up."

"Talk."

Credits

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
!! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Resplendence - 06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-10-2014, 09:52 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-11-2014, 10:34 AM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-12-2014, 04:28 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Alysanne - 06-14-2014, 12:19 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Destrier - 06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Quilyan - 06-16-2014, 08:13 PM
RE: !! Don't You Know I'm Human Too - by Aurelia - 06-17-2014, 12:23 PM